Can this laptop spec run well on 1080 p with either medium or high if possible ultra

Hi can this spec run well ?

Central Processing Unit Intel i7 4710HQ Processor

Graphics Card NVIDIA GEFORCE 970M GTX 3GB GDDR5

Ram 8GB DDR3L 1600MHZ (8x1)

Hard disk :750GB Western Digital Solid State Hybrid drive (16GB SSD NAND CACHE)

Operating System Windows 8.1 X64

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    In theory yes... laptops are not officially supported but your spec is high, so I can only guess and say yes to all as changing ultra to high or low has little effect but other things do... such as AA

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    In theory yes... laptops are not officially supported but your spec is high, so I can only guess and say yes to all as changing ultra to high or low has little effect but other things do... such as AA
    Thanks for the reply.
    what AA should i select ? FXAA?

Fxaa works for me... plus some have said turning bloom off gives a few more FPS. but I like it on

Hmm okie did you try more advance AA ?

no point I have a gtx 970 and so I adjust the setting to what looks best for me.... some people are obsessed with thinking the highest setting is the best but I can assure you that thinking is wrong. TXAA is awful you could get the same effect by turning off AA and playing the game drunk... it would look just as blurry.... Don't get hooked on the desire to tell people you max out everything.... when you have a list of options, something has to be at the bottom and something has to be at the top.... it doesn't automatically mean better

Find what suits you best... I like bloom on... it may kill 10 or 15 fps but that means nothing as long as the game is smooth and I like how it looks.

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    no point I have a gtx 970 and so I adjust the setting to what looks best for me.... some people are obsessed with thinking the highest setting is the best but I can assure you that thinking is wrong. TXAA is awful you could get the same effect by turning off AA and playing the game drunk... it would look just as blurry.... Don't get hooked on the desire to tell people you max out everything.... when you have a list of options, something has to be at the bottom and something has to be at the top.... it doesn't automatically mean better

Find what suits you best... I like bloom on... it may kill 10 or 15 fps but that means nothing as long as the game is smooth and I like how it looks.
    Hmm ya TXAA look awful >< maybe i select msaa since gtx 900 series have mfaa and unity support it

wvstolzing's Avatar Senior Member
    Not sure if this is relevant, but laptop versions of graphics chips are also quite different from their desktop counterparts*; my *guess* would be that a laptop 970 wouldn't perform as well as a desktop 970.

(* at least that's how it was with the Radeon chip (I forget which) on my previous laptop.)

Originally Posted by wvstolzing Go to original post
    Not sure if this is relevant, but laptop versions of graphics chips are also quite different from their desktop counterparts*; my *guess* would be that a laptop 970 wouldn't perform as well as a desktop 970.

(* at least that's how it was with the Radeon chip (I forget which) on my previous laptop.)
    the 970 and 980 chips are much closer to the desktop parts than any previous ones.

wvstolzing's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ilizium_1 Go to original post
    the 970 and 980 chips are much closer to the desktop parts than any previous ones.
    That's good to hear -- because otherwise it's almost mislabeling a product, to benefit from false expectations on the part of the buyer.

Being an old geezer, I remember the days when components used to have unequivocal labels; good luck figuring out what exactly you're buying from Intel nowadays....