All Platforms - Tetris Ultimate Current Known Issues

Tetris Ultimate

A patch for Tetris Ultimate has been released 6/9/2015 for PlayStation 4, and 6/10/2015 for Xbox One.

The issues that you were experiencing on new gen consoles should be resolved! Below you'll find information on some of the things that were important to the community, and there are other minor fixes that we implemented that aren't listed as well.

Thank you everyone for playing! We really appreciated your patience. If you have additional issues, please contact Ubisoft Support for assistance.

• Frame Rates
      Many players experienced frame rate drops due to gathering a lot of information from large friends lists, this should not be an issue anymore. [Fixed]
    • Multiplayer ending after KO It was reported that during multiplayer matches, some players could continue indefinitely even after they had topped out. This originated as a de-syncing issue and has been resolved. [Fixed]
    • Progression circle
      Players were not able to see their overall progress within the game as it was not populating with player information. Now you can track this information. [Fixed]
    • Sound effects
      When on the main screen the sound effects were inconsistent with each other when moving through options and were occasionally very loud. This should be corrected along with some other sound adjustments for a better audio experience. [Fixed]
    • Game crashes
      Game crashes were occurring while on the search screen for multiplayer modes, occasionally on startup, and under certain circumstances. These shouldn’t happen for players anymore. [Fixed]
    • Leaderboards
      There were some super-fast times posted to the Sprint Leaderboards, even though we’ve seen some pretty fast Tetris Ultimate games, these times were impossible and we’ve corrected the issue and you should see real times with the update. [Fixed]

A few more issues:

The audio seems to cut up, or be distorted, in the main menu when the game loads up. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but it sounds out of place.

Also, it takes an age to connect to any other people in Tetris Live; maybe its because there aren't many people with the game, but if it finds anyone else, which it rarely does; it takes an age.

Also, on more thing to annoy you with, I was playing Battle the other day and 2 of the 3 players' games ended, meanwhile the third player was at the top of the matrix but three blocks just kept changing colour; thus the game couldn't end, even though it should have been over.
     1 people found this helpful

There sometime is a delay right after a block appears on the screen before I can make it spin, I'm not sure what triggers it though.

I posted this in the suggestion forum, but I'll post it here in case it really is a bug:

Not sure if this was intended or not but after I drop a block, there is a slight delay before I can use my held piece which slows down the speed at which I can play by quite a lot, this also leads to many mistakes as I often think I already switched piece only to notice afterward the switch didn't occur.

Also, I did try this while I was disconnected from the internet and I still got frame rate issues, during Endless mode I often get times when the game skips a few frames, needless to say when you get around lvl 24+ a frame makes all the difference and I often find myself having 2 extra blocks on the screen after a single frame of lag.

Xbox one problems

I've been trying to play with friends but every time I try to get one more than 1 other person with me in my party it freezes everybody's game and kicks us back to the Xbox one dashboard. I also have not been able to find any games when I click on search for battle. It will do the same thing. It will say match found then kick me out. Please fix this because we all bought the game just so we could play each other

I have 2 issuse to report:

- in the leaderboards, my marathon highscore is not saved
    - in-game notifications doesn't pop up anymore at level 11

I have the (german) PS4 version of the game.

SteVic82's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by IncaBadass Go to original post
    I've been trying to play with friends but every time I try to get one more than 1 other person with me in my party it freezes everybody's game and kicks us back to the Xbox one dashboard. I also have not been able to find any games when I click on search for battle. It will do the same thing. It will say match found then kick me out. Please fix this because we all bought the game just so we could play each other
    XBox One user here too.. my problem: when I launch the game I can't get over the "wait" screen, it's like my profile doesn't sync online. Without a profile connected the game run normaly but I can't play without a profile logged in.
    I can't literally play the game anymore, I have paid the full price and I have played the game only two times..

-The Ubi splash screen before bootup is insanely loud compared to the PS4's menu volume and the sounds we get once in-game. Please balance this back. It's not only jarring but with the amount of bass present, potentially speaker-damaging.

-Please tweak the Waiting screen at initial online check. There is no option to Cancel and the game just keeps checking.. and checking.. and checking.. if connectivity is not present. The game effectively hangs. Please add a controller option to cancel out of the startup check. With the amount of hassles PSN is having lately this is a serious issue. Lots of people just want to play some 1P Endless anyway.

-Is the difficulty for unlocking Endless set as intended? The sheer speed of level 15 in Marathon seems to make succeeding at this goal flat-out impossible for your average player...

Thank you.

Originally Posted by wtsang Go to original post
    -The Ubi splash screen before bootup is insanely loud compared to the PS4's menu volume and the sounds we get once in-game. Please balance this back. It's not only jarring but with the amount of bass present, potentially speaker-damaging.

-Please tweak the Waiting screen at initial online check. There is no option to Cancel and the game just keeps checking.. and checking.. and checking.. if connectivity is not present. The game effectively hangs. Please add a controller option to cancel out of the startup check. With the amount of hassles PSN is having lately this is a serious issue. Lots of people just want to play some 1P Endless anyway.

-Is the difficulty for unlocking Endless set as intended? The sheer speed of level 15 in Marathon seems to make succeeding at this goal flat-out impossible for your average player...

Thank you.
    Endless is difficult but no Impossible, after a whole weekend of trying I finally made it to level 29. Every Achievements seem to be awfully difficult or just ridiculous, seriously, who plays Marathon in multiplayer really -_-

CeeCee, any update on when we might see some fixes pushed out?

Comments that do not contribute constructively to the topic will be moderated.

Legitimate bugs reports submitted here will continue to be added to the known issues list above.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►