1. #1
    Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Time & Space Realm
    Posts
    7,457

    So I'm guessing the Glyphs in Unity are pointless?

    Like seriously?

    They serve no purpose other than nostalgia?

    Who were leaving them? Why?

    Ugh. -__- They really could've went somewhere with that.


    Anyone else disappointed like I am?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iraq
    Posts
    3,446
    I am. They’re totally pointless and I was having really high hopes for them, whether the fact that they showed up in the Prison at the start of the game and were never mentioned at all, or those in the app that you just click on to solve. I really wish we get those puzzles of ACII and AC:B back. They were really interesting parts
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The city between the seven mountains
    Posts
    3,662
    It was made companion app content, it was bound to fail.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Yep, likely just nostalgia and to make longtime fans think something of consequence was happening with the story. No effort at all to do anything with them. The idea that Bellec was intentionally getting arrested frequently so he could see glyphs left behind was an interesting idea. As soon as it's introduced, they throw it away and never mention it again. Sorry you wasted all those months/years of your life to find glyphs, Mr. Bellec, because apparently it didn't mean enough to you to explain WHY you were finding the messages or what information you were finding.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    11,699
    I was really disappointed about that, and the Nostradamus stuff in general. I was so excited when I heard glyphs were coming back, but turns out they were nothing more than keys to another outfit. Why even include them as part of the main story?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Time & Space Realm
    Posts
    7,457
    Originally Posted by Hans684 Go to original post
    It was made companion app content, it was bound to fail.
    Agreed.

    Originally Posted by TwentyGlyphs Go to original post
    Yep, likely just nostalgia and to make longtime fans think something of consequence was happening with the story. No effort at all to do anything with them. The idea that Bellec was intentionally getting arrested frequently so he could see glyphs left behind was an interesting idea. As soon as it's introduced, they throw it away and never mention it again. Sorry you wasted all those months/years of your life to find glyphs, Mr. Bellec, because apparently it didn't mean enough to you to explain WHY you were finding the messages or what information you were finding.
    Yeah, that was strange indeed.

    I was expecting Arno take up his work and it leads something interesting in the MD, Juno, or something.

    But oh well.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Masyaf
    Posts
    1,523
    "I've been getting into every jail in Paris searching for these. They were put here a long time ago" (paraphrased) -Pierre Bellec, the only good character in the entire game

    That's all we ever got on them. The Nostradamus Enigmas were put there by Nostradamus though. I thought the glyphs would be relevant in more than 1 mission
    Share this post

  8. #8
    wvstolzing's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    A rat-infested hut in Nassau.
    Posts
    1,515
    Originally Posted by Altair1789 Go to original post
    The Nostradamus Enigmas were put there by Nostradamus though.
    Was that mentioned anywhere in game?

    It's not quite plausible, because there were glyphs on buildings that didn't exist in Nostradamus's time.

    (Besides he'd need to have been one hell of a parkour master and wall crawler.)
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Masyaf
    Posts
    1,523
    Originally Posted by wvstolzing Go to original post
    Was that mentioned anywhere in game?

    It's not quite plausible, because there were glyphs on buildings that didn't exist in Nostradamus's time.

    (Besides he'd need to have been one hell of a parkour master and wall crawler.)
    Good point. I think I read it in some kind of journal or something that was left near Thomas' robes
    Share this post