Thread: This game has great ideas but poor execution. | Forums

This game has great ideas but poor execution.

First of all, this game is a awesome concept! Like NFS original Most Wanted and The Run in one game! However, the world seem to be made of rubber and the AI cars are made out of bricks. Whoever designed the crash physics of the game seriously didn't know what they were doing. If you hit a wall or tree you bounce off and spin the opposite way of the way you were going. If an AI car hits you, be it racer or cop, you go flying but if you hit them, it's like hitting a brick wall. The Crew is billed as a MMO racing game but at best it's only co-op and only a very few missions actually need co-op. You can play a majority of the game by yourself. Now, I've heard some people grumble about there not being enough cars in the game, that I don't agree with but I do wish the cars that are in the game handled better and I wish the parts I've won in previous races carried over to all my cars instead of having to race repetitively for each car I use. I'd like to see a The Crew 2 done by a company who knows how to make a good racing game so they can fix all the mistakes (and there are MANY) and make this a truly great racer.

True about the car physics

drkaii's Avatar Member
    They are arcade physics. It's a genuine style, and I don't see anything wrong with it under that heading. You are trying to put it under a more realism or even simulator heading and so no wonder you are upset. Well this game wasn't made for you. Don't knock it for being what it wants to be.