Thread: Delays with PlayStation DLC in the EU | Forums

GrimorumArcanor's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by DeityCAN Go to original post
    Because he is a human being
    Look, it's pretty simple... Ubisoft sold a bill of goods to people. Those people want what they've paid for. They have voiced time and again that they want, very reasonably, the content they've paid for. Dan is the public point of contact. That's Dan's job, but when people felt screwed and voiced it, Dan took it personally. Dan then posted his job description and some snark, being very personally defensive. In the context of this situation, nobody, you included, hold Dan as the primary issue of contention or concern. Dan is not the point nor is he in any way a target, nor has he been (from me), nor should he be. When you declare to me that he's a human, it's clear to me that you've still missed my point. I care for Dan and love Dan as much as I love any other random human on the planet I don't know. Based on the other things I've seen him post it's quite likely he's a fun, entertaining, intelligent and engaging person to know. But here's the thing, I don't know him, and this discussion has never been about mine or anyone else's social thoughts on Dan Amrich. Do I think he spouts the corporate line? Of the corporation that signs his checks? Sure. And when that corporation is doing everything it can to dodge and weave around simple questions, like "If this is the place for answers, and they say the content hasn't been submitted, please clarify", and Dan is the face of that, yes, those actions aren't appreciated. But that has nothing to do with Dan as a person and he knows it, or should. So, when HE tries to sway the discussion into the realm of whether we "like", or is it "like, like", Dan, it's to distract people (successfully, I might add) from what's really being said, which has nothing personally to do with Dan at all, and never did. So, when I declared that "we" and "nobody" cared about Dan, it wasn't because I don't feel for him as a human, or think of him as a person, but rather, the discussion has nothing to do with our feelings personally toward Dan. The discussion is expressly not about Dan, feelings toward Dan, or any of that. The discussion is about Ubisoft's interaction with their customers regarding content that's been paid for but hasn't been delivered. Period. The fact that it's Dan's job to spout their line isn't my fault, but I don't think Dan's personally a scumbag for it... I don't think Dan's anything for it.... because I'M NOT HUNG UP ON DAN AMRICH. He is a tool of the corporate entity, and the discussion of him personally (and to be clear, he's the only one discussing himself personally) is a distraction, not the point.

patdj182's Avatar Member
    We need more support over at the PS-Blog. Not sure whether our recent noise has contributed to them starting to do stuff, but if that was the case and they noticed that our initiative becomes weaker, that wouldn't help our cause. So instead of discussing the definitions of flames, insults and whatever let's engage in the only strategy that has been working so far: politely annoying SCEE.

DeityCAN's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by jluc1810 Go to original post
    I may be asking a stupid question. Is what Ubisoft may resubmit the missing content to SCEE?
    Not a stupid question. They have before, but I don't see the harm in doing so again.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    I am happy to see the Megadeth and A7X packs appeared today, albeit with a few hiccups (that's the wrong price, as you could guess). Also, for people who already bought this content on PS3, did your license/entitlement/permission carry over, or are you being asked to pay for this content on PS4? I have a list of the songs I believe are affected by that bug and I want to keep it current.

Honestly, I had some indication that there might be some legacy content live today, but I did not share that because I did not want to create an expectation and then have it fall through because of something out of my control. Hopefully you can understand me taking a wait and see attitude at this point, but this is definitely a good sign.

Internally, I am happy to report that we have a better dialog going. We are revisiting the remaining DLC with the Ubi EU team and working out a fresh schedule for its release. Then our EU team can work with SCEE to create a schedule.

If the content needs to be resubmitted, we will resubmit it. I have been told that the DLC data packages that we (Studio SF) deliver for posting in the EU are still good to go and do not need to be rebuilt on our end. Any balls that have been dropped by Ubi on either side can and will be picked up, if that's the case, but we will still need to work within the SCEE workflow.

R2_'s Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Also, for people who already bought this content on PS3, did your license/entitlement/permission carry over, or are you being asked to pay for this content on PS4? I have a list of the songs I believe are affected by that bug and I want to keep it current.
    Here's a current list. Megadeth pack doesn't exist for PS3 so cross-buy is not possible.

After four months this seems a shame and disrespect users.

Promises ..... delays , more delays, errors, more errors.

Little and badly. Hangar 18 not free, Afterlife not free.

This problem does not improve ... four months later... why?

How difficult is it right and more 4 months later and knowing the problems .

Originally Posted by R2_ Go to original post
    Here's a current list. Megadeth pack doesn't exist for PS3 so cross-buy is not possible.
    Roger that. I thought that pack was also going to be restored on PS3 when it was posted to PS4 - it is on my list, so I won't take it off.

Originally Posted by GrimorumArcanor Go to original post
    Their frustration with Dan is legitimate and comes from Ubisoft and Dan's actions.
    It doesn't come from my actions, actually. I think this is a core misunderstanding. I'm the messenger. I don't have the answer you need or deserve, nor do I have the power you think I wield.

My actions are what I explained in a pervious posts: My methods for representing the community's very legitimate concerns. I am not sure what other actions you feel I am responsible for in this situation, but my other daily duties seemed irrelevant to the discussion. So in terms of my actions, that's all the information I can offer you.

I think you have built me up to be something I'm not, Grim, and I think you're assuming a lot about me that is untrue, but I also realize that you're upset enough that nothing I say will bring us to a better understanding. It's good that we have a common goal, but we are definitely approaching it from different angles.

I realize that nothing I say will please you at this point -- you have created a personal image of who I am and why I do what I do, and I will not waste time trying to convince you otherwise. I will just go back to work.

But if you really do not care about me, please stop talking about me.

OK -- legacy PS4 DLC tentatively slated for March 18 should be the Killswitch Engage and Alice in Chains packs. That's not much of a schedule, as it's really just one week into the future, but we are looking at the remaining DLC and will hopefully have something more comprehensive soon.

we are not talking about you Dan, its a silly roundabout created by you, let someone responsible to answer all questions thats all. who is our contact to get answers.....?what we paid for....we dont care about you......and not want to talk with you,is it clear ? we dont need a messenger or a prophet of RS....so you dont have the answers please be out of the discussion....thanks for all your effort...