WOW I just read this, why did Ubisoft not say anything to let us know?

YazX_'s Avatar AC Volunteer MOD
    the article also failed to mention its available for windows 8 desktop and mobile, i'm using it on my desktop and never had a problem with it, funny thing is i got a notification now that a mission is completed and a chest has been unlocked, i marked a waypoint and launched the game, game notifies me of the chest and i collect it normally.

Altair1789's Avatar Senior Member
    I wish they'd just give up on this companion app thing. You have to wait like 300 something hours for your assassins to finish the nomad missions that unlock Altaïr's outfit, not including all the time you spend training the assassins, and losing all your data. This game meant well but ended up as a big disappointment imo. The only thing they didn't completely screw up is the seamless interiors

AntiChrist7's Avatar Senior Member
    I dont mind the app. It was great fun. Up untill the point I lost my premium and two days later all my progress. Then i tried again and it didnt save...

IM pretty sure that when i retry and synchronize, i'll lose my savegame.

I don't really mind the app. At first I was upset because I was only getting 250 francs from each chest, however, I think it's cool that it unlocks extra missions in game when you finish enough.

I also liked the app, up till the point my save game got deleted and now all the nomad chests are permanently locked):

No one should touch the app until Ubisoft have fixed the random reset bug.

Those blue chests are best left alone to avoid a far greater disappointment of having to restart unlocking them.
    (Assuming they successfully get unlocked in game and you don't have to wait 24 hours for your best assassins to get them in-app)

OxIdOAC's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Erfivur Go to original post
    No one should touch the app until Ubisoft have fixed the random reset bug.

Those blue chests are best left alone to avoid a far greater disappointment of having to restart unlocking them.
    (Assuming they successfully get unlocked in game and you don't have to wait 24 hours for your best assassins to get them in-app)
    I don't agree with you, i am at 75 % completed nomad chests and missions, and never had any kind of trouble. First, i start the game, then the app, and if missions are complete, collect my reward, do some killing (blue assassins missions), upgrade my assassins if needed, and send them to do another missions, then close the app on my tablet. And repeat the process. I do know how many hours each mission requires, so i only run the App after the missions are over. I don't use App for nothing else.

And for those who don't have tablet (absolutely hate the app on mobile phone) or Windows 8, there is Windows 7 Android emulator named Andy HERE, it's free and it works like a charm.

Hope it helps.

Have fun

Originally Posted by OxIdOAC Go to original post
    I don't agree with you, i am at 75 % completed nomad chests and missions, and never had any kind of trouble. First, i start the game, then the app, and if missions are complete, collect my reward, do some killing (blue assassins missions), upgrade my assassins if needed, and send them to do another missions, then close the app on my tablet. And repeat the process. I do know how many hours each mission requires, so i only run the App after the missions are over. I don't use App for nothing else.

And for those who don't have tablet (absolutely hate the app on mobile phone) or Windows 8, there is Windows 7 Android emulator named Andy HERE, it's free and it works like a charm.

Hope it helps.

Have fun
    I'm not sure what there is to disagree with. It is a known bug on their issue tracker, marked as not fixed.

I'm sure it's possible to make it through to 100% by chance, surely someone has too, but none of my friends have been unaffected by the reset, one of which only had a few things left to unlock and they/we have all given up until a fix is officially released.(no patch to date claims to fix it)

I wish you the very best of luck on the remaining 25% that you don't have your progress reset but i'm not willing to risk my limited time on it again and wouldn't recommend others do either