Preloading now available for The Crew!

Start your engines petrol heads, because The Crew launch day is quickly approaching and preloading is now available. Download your game today and prepare to tackle your fellow racers on the open roads across the USA at launch.

Preloading via the Uplay Client is available for all Uplay Shop customers, and if you missed out on our previous announcements then here a quick reminder for you.

Preloading your games will allow you to download a large portion of the game files shortly in advance before launch day hits. When it does, you only need to grab the small remaining portion and then you'll be ready to jump straight into your game quicker than before.

Additionally, even if you don’t manage to pre-load in time, don’t worry too much, as The Crew supports one of our latest Uplay features known as “Progressive Downloading”. Progressive Downloading allows supporting games to download an initial playable portion of the game first so that you can start playing as soon as possible. While you’re busy tearing up the streets, the rest of the game’s files will download in the background.

Get ready to join your Crew… the open road awaits!

The Uplay Team

Awesome, can't wait

besweeet's Avatar Junior Member
    What if we pre-ordered it from Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/241560/)? Will pre-loading there be done later (if at all)? Since Uplay seems like the main method of downloading it (Steam handling downloading of updates vs. Uplay), it makes me wonder if Steam will just spit out a serial to redeem in Uplay.

Hi, I'm wondering about Steam pre-orders and pre-loading too. How are we supposed to handle this?

Does it work for PS4 as well?

Hello everyone,

Pre-loading on other platforms are handled by those platforms. For information on if or when The Crew will be available for pre-load through those platforms, please contact their support teams.

besweeet's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Leorthian Go to original post
    Hello everyone,

Pre-loading on other platforms are handled by those platforms. For information on if or when The Crew will be available for pre-load through those platforms, please contact their support teams.
    For anybody else who bought it through Steam, this thread has some information floating around: http://steamcommunity.com/app/241560...0628125864534/

I have received the email telling me "Your product is now available for pre-load!‏" but the game doesn't show up in Uplay.
    Any clue what's happening?

Originally Posted by Henador Go to original post
    I have received the email telling me "Your product is now available for pre-load!‏" but the game doesn't show up in Uplay.
    Any clue what's happening?
    The same thing happened to me. I can't see The Crew under My Games in Uplay

D2D Pre-load

I pre-ordered my game from Gamefly Digital which switched to D2D, will I still be able to pre-load if I got it from there?