Thread: [EASY FIX] Stutter/Frame Skipping Far Cry 4! | Forums

Glad to see "this temporary fix" is working for most of you! Lets hope there will be a patch soon

Originally Posted by mwelling12 Go to original post
    The placebo effect is really a fascinating phenomena.

This "fix" does not work to relieve the stuttering caused by the texture streaming. Neither the mipmap change nor the maxgpubuffer change. Try running a program that displays the framerate on screen. Then tell me it doesn't drop while traveling rapidly around the environment.

It doesn't work. The game needs patching.
    You're spot on...couldn't agree more.. Have tried all the 'fixes' and they make no difference..Game needs some work done to cure this problem..Just hope they do cos it spoils what potentially is a good game.

Living in hope...

Great fix. Thanks drumpixel. Worked for me, although I was only getting stutter when in vehicles and I wouldn't call it game breaking. It was annoying though.

Drum thank you for this post, far cry4 is stuttering free for my pc, thanks alot!!

Its now even more fun to play this game on high settings

Originally Posted by DrumPixels Go to original post
    Hello,

First of all I want to say my english is terrible. BUT... I've found a easy way to fix most of the stutters/frame skipping.
    This fixed 100% of the stutter problems. Playing with a Gigabyte AMD HD7870.

- Open My documents > Open Folder My Games
    - Open Folder Far Cry 4
    - Open the EditorGamerProfile.xml file with Notepad

- Change this setting; (Press CTRL+F to open the search function)

DisableLoadingMip0 = "0"

to

DisableLoadingMip0 = "1"

- This may not work for all videocards/setups. If not try this: (Thanks Patilion)

GPUMaxBufferedFrames="0"

to

GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1"

Save the file and close. Open it again to double check of the settings has been saved.

Launch the game and HAVE FUN!
    Let me and the others know with a reply of this fix worked for you! I'm sure it does tho..

(If you are unable to save the game make sure you run the game as Administrator)

(Close google chrome while playing games. This gives you 5~15 FPS boost)

This doesn't do anything to improve frame rates whatsoever. Frame skipping has nothing to do with this at all. Maybe stuttering is improved as data an the HDD is accessed differently with these settings. But anyone claiming "100%" stutter free gaming is very misleading. Show some screenshots/videos with the frame rates listed in the image. I doubt you are getting anything close to what is optimal

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gui...tweaking-guide

This could help though. I'd try disabling ATOC and could try UseD3D11="0"

This isn't a placebo, it is a legitimate fix/improvement. No more stuttering when driving around the map. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by mwelling12 Go to original post
    The placebo effect is really a fascinating phenomena.

This "fix" does not work to relieve the stuttering caused by the texture streaming. Neither the mipmap change nor the maxgpubuffer change. Try running a program that displays the framerate on screen. Then tell me it doesn't drop while traveling rapidly around the environment.

It doesn't work. The game needs patching.
    Couldn't agree more mwelling12

It does work for the general stuttering. However this is not a fix. It has a major impact on texture quality, especially if you're capable of running the game with ultra textures. At lower texture settings you might not notice as much of a difference but it's there and some textures look terrible.

It also doesn't "fix" the random "stalls" when you're moving through the environment at high speeds (at any quality settings). I refuse to call this stuttering as the game engine will just freak out and pause for about a second when it happens. It completely breaks the immersion of the game. I've ended up veering off a cliff or into a tree when the game does this, recovers and your controller/keyboard input suddenly kick in and sends the car/bike off in a random direction.

Im running the game from a SSD on Win 7 64bit , i7 cpu and gtx780 and it plays very smooth for me on high settings , Im using the last of the rock stable drivers the old nvidia 314-25 graphics driver and will not change it as it runs all my games perfectly with no issues , I dont know how why for some the game is smooth and others its choppy when they have higher spec machines , I feel it must be the software and drivers environment on all the different computers that upset things and the problems are not really the game , more so the game and its compatibility with your particular PC .

Originally Posted by RoadblockCement Go to original post
    Im running the game from a SSD on Win 7 64bit , i7 cpu and gtx780 and it plays very smooth for me on high settings , Im using the last of the rock stable drivers the old nvidia 314-25 graphics driver and will not change it as it runs all my games perfectly with no issues , I dont know how why for some the game is smooth and others its choppy when they have higher spec machines , I feel it must be the software and drivers environment on all the different computers that upset things and the problems are not really the game , more so the game and its compatibility with your particular PC .
    Curious why you are using a legacy driver for your 7 series card. To my knowledge that driver is really only benefiting 4/5 series cards. You'd likely benefit from using new drivers which actually have optimizations for later tier cards.

Originally Posted by toastytoast Go to original post
    Curious why you are using a legacy driver for your 7 series card. To my knowledge that driver is really only benefiting 4/5 series cards. You'd likely benefit from using new drivers which actually have optimizations for later tier cards.
    Sorry it was a hacked 314.22 not .25 , I had nothing but trouble with updated graphic drivers eventually toasting my card which was a 680 , bought a 780 and installed this driver and it is rock stable in every game I have thrown at it giving great graphics and high fps , stability is the number one thing for me and Im of the opinion if it aint broke dont fix it , I dont want to chase rainbows looking for minor fps etc , I just love how stable this card driver combo has been for me .

There is lots of info on google about this driver running 7 series cards .