Thread: [EASY FIX] Stutter/Frame Skipping Far Cry 4! | Forums

There is no Far Cry 4 folder for my in the "My Documents" folder. I installed via Ubisoft, not Steam. Can't find the EditorGamerProfile anywhere.

Originally Posted by DragonRR Go to original post
    No problem but it was actually Patilion who discovered this. Obviously it may not work for everyone but there is no placebo in my case, the game was unplayable with this set to 0 and smooth (no stuttering at least) on ULTRA settings when set to 1. It may have some detrimental impact on something but I havent' actually seen anything wrong. I don't use the mipmap setting as it made no difference on my system.
    The detrimental effect is it only gets rid of the movement stutter, it does nothing for the biggest problem, loading stutter while moving around the map. The only thing that alleviates that is to make the textures look like crap with the LoadingMip change. Ubisoft really screwed this game on PC by not optimizing.

Originally Posted by Frox_Precision Go to original post
    There is no Far Cry 4 folder for my in the "My Documents" folder. I installed via Ubisoft, not Steam. Can't find the EditorGamerProfile anywhere.
    Did you look under the My Games entry in My Documents? It's hiding in there.

This band-aid solution did not work for me or my friends. We need a solid fix from Ubi on this one ASAP!

Play the game almost completely stutter free with lower texture quality..

or

Keep complaining on the Ubisoft forums because you are not able to play the game properly.

Hmm..

We all do want patches to finally enjoy the game. But hating on the forums doesn't help them to release patches faster. I completely finished the game with lower texture quality because of the ''fix''. Did it bother me? Yes it did.. but maybe it will take ubisoft months to fix the stutter issues and by then I will be playing GTA V on the pc.

Originally Posted by DrumPixels Go to original post
    Play the game almost completely stutter free with lower texture quality..

or

Keep complaining on the Ubisoft forums because you are not able to play the game properly.

Hmm..

We all do want patches to finally enjoy the game. But hating on the forums doesn't help them to release patches faster. I completely finished the game with lower texture quality because of the ''fix''. Did it bother me? Yes it did.. but maybe it will take ubisoft months to fix the stutter issues and by then I will be playing GTA V on the pc.
    After paying $69 for a brand new game, 'we' should be able to come home and enjoy our game. But instead we are here reading through forums on how to fix the broken game we paid for and occasionally have to put up with post from apologist bootlickers like yourself.

I have no problem at all with the game in ultra. But, my wife's system has and since far cry 3. It's actually the same symptoms. That annoying stuttering and the fps is high. Funny thing is that we both have the same twin frozer 290x from msi. Only difference is that she has a 6 core and I have an 8 core cpu, both AMD. Her's is clocked to 4.1 GHz. She scores 9230 on 3dmark, which is on the extreme area. I just don't get it. This game has a lot of problems. I am losing faith on Ubisoft a lot this days.

my gamerprofile.xml has a lot of settings set to low and very high but while in game all my settings show as ultra.... anyone know whats up with that? are the graphics being held back? lol

Originally Posted by overkill_y.o.d Go to original post
    I have no problem at all with the game in ultra. But, my wife's system has and since far cry 3. It's actually the same symptoms. That annoying stuttering and the fps is high. Funny thing is that we both have the same twin frozer 290x from msi. Only difference is that she has a 6 core and I have an 8 core cpu, both AMD. Her's is clocked to 4.1 GHz. She scores 9230 on 3dmark, which is on the extreme area. I just don't get it. This game has a lot of problems. I am losing faith on Ubisoft a lot this days.
    for amd the game requires an 8 core processor. it doesnt matter what her 6 core is clocked. the game uses 8 cores for amd. i had the same issue going in on far cry 4. had the 6 core amd fx running at 4.1 and went out and got the 8750 8-core running stock and it was a HUGE improvement. without these fixes for the stuttering i was running the game great! with only a few stutters during the driving scenes

For those that still get significant stuttering/hitching (which includes myself and my friends), my Ubisoft service rep just sent me a message this morning stating that the Development Team is continuing to look into why the issue is occurring to provide a fix.

...so, just keep posting or updating your service request and play something else until they figure out the problem. Right now I'm playing Alien Isolation which is freakin fantastic, beautiful and runs perfectly.