Thread: [FIXED] Playstation 3 "Corrupt Data" Error Message [Updated November 19th] | Forums

UbiMegan's Avatar Community Representative

[FIXED] Playstation 3 "Corrupt Data" Error Message [Updated November 19th]

Update: November 19th, 2014
    Hey everyone,

The issue should now be fixed. More information is available in our Live Updates Blog. Please follow the instructions carefully! You must completely delete the existing version of the game and then go to the store and re-download the correct version of the game.

We'll be leaving this thread sticked for a few more days as we continue to monitor the situation. If you are still experiencing any issues with your Playstation 3 Digital Download, please Contact Support.

Hello everyone,

We are currently investigating the error message that some players are receiving when attempting to play Far Cry 4 on the Playstation 3 (receiving a "corrupt data" data error message for Far Cry 3). To further track this issue, we're asking all players to SUBMIT A SUPPORT TICKET with the following information:

• Do you have (or have had) any Far Cry 3 saved date on your system before?
      • If you have Far Cry 3 installed, are you receiving a "Fatal Error" message?

• Are you playing from a physical copy, or a digital download?
    • Do you have the current version (1.3.0) installed?
      • To manually check for an update, >> Go to the Playstation Dashboard. >> Find Far Cry 4. >> Press Triangle
      • If you have Far Cry 3 installed, please include the version information as well.

• Where are you playing the game from? (USA, Canada, UK, etc.)

We will update you with more information as it becomes available. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to investigate this issue.

LOl

There is no 1.05 (you edited it - there is also no 1.03 !)

The people are having an Issue with Far Cry 4 its 1.01 for everyone.

Just the error message says "Far Cry 3" but thats a mistake probably re-used assets , the problem is everyone who downloaded your latest game FAR CRY 4 FOR PS3 IN US-PSN cannot use it because when starting campaign it says CORRUPT DATA and when going multiplayer it loads FOREVER.

Please dont tell me after more than 10 hours you still havent found the issue ?

Please call any EMERGENCY NUMBERS you have from Ubisoft/Sony NOW to fix this issue immediately

Originally Posted by UbiMegan Go to original post
    Hello everyone,

We are currently investigating the error message that some players are receiving when attempting to play Far Cry 4 on the Playstation 3 (receiving a "corrupt data" data error message for Far Cry 3). To further track this issue, we're asking all players to SUBMIT A SUPPORT TICKET with the following information:

• To manually check for an update, >> Go to the Playstation Dashboard. >> Find Far Cry 4. >> Press Triangle
      • If you have Far Cry 3 installed, please include the version information as well.

We will update you with more information as it becomes available. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to investigate this issue.
    I've never had Far cry 3 on my system before and I'm still receiving the message. I'm playing from a digital downloaded copy. I have 1.01 installed but when I check for updates it says it's up to date. I'm playing from the US.

My info

Hello everyone,

• Do you have the current version (1.0.3) installed?

Had Far Cry 3 save files but deleted them thinking that this would fix the error. I also deleted Far Cry 3 game data. There is no 1.0.3 update when I search for updates. I had a physical copy of Far Cry 3. Playing from the US, and I can't help you with "Fatal Error" message because I no longer have the game data for Far Cry 3 and I don't want to reinstall it, it took me about an hour last time.

Hello everyone,

I've never even played FC3 on the playstation I have the game on, and yes, it's a digital verson, and I'm playing it from the US. I still don't get why we're getting all of these errors at launch, I mean, people got the game early, and it worked, so why isn't it working on launch, guys?

Already sent in a ticket but here's more info:

I had Far Cry 3 installed previously. The greatest hits red-label edition on disc. I played it through one-and-a-half times. Also had Blood Dragon DLC.
    I deleted everything relevant to far cry 3 or the DLC. (Game saves, game data, Blood Dragon game)
    Issue persisted.
    Deleted FC4, downloaded again and installed. Received same error.
    Did a full system restore on my PS3. There was absolutely nothing left on it. Still getting the error.

My copy of FC4 is the digital preorder. Ver 1.01 (8106 MB)
    Checked for update and there is none available.
    There should be no FC3 data remaining on my PS3 system as I fully restored it, wiping the drive.

Chattannooga, Tennessee, USA (Eastern Time Zone)

You guys really dropped the ball on this. I'm glad you are working on this issue, but it's quite embarrassing and terribly disappointing that this has happened. I know that **** happens sometimes, but this is just a huge mess. I seriously hope you'll consider some type of compensation once all of this gets sorted out, otherwise this will certainly be the last time I pre-order or support your products. Thanks for the update.

Game data corrupt

Hello everyone,

Currently playing the digital version of Far Cry 4 on the Playstation 3 from the United States. I had the digital version of Far Cry 3 on my PS3, but have since deleted all FC3 game data thinking this would fix the problem. It didn't. I also deleted the game data/saves from several other Ubisoft games (Assassin's Creed 3, Child of Light, Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2, etc.), thinking maybe it had something to do with my Uplay passport, but the problem is still not fixed. I am currently re-re-downloading Far Cry 4, though I doubt that will do any good at all.

Can we get an update please, because this is really frustrating.

Originally Posted by Randoom Go to original post
    Currently playing the digital version of Far Cry 4 on the Playstation 3 from the United States. I had the digital version of Far Cry 3 on my PS3, but have since deleted all FC3 game data thinking this would fix the problem. It didn't. I also deleted the game data/saves from several other Ubisoft games (Assassin's Creed 3, Child of Light, Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2, etc.), thinking maybe it had something to do with my Uplay passport, but the problem is still not fixed. I am currently re-re-downloading Far Cry 4, though I doubt that will do any good at all.

Can we get an update please, because this is really frustrating.
    Yeah, I agree. Can we get an update on anything? We've been in the dark since launch, and it's been 10 hours where I live with NOTHING at all. It sucks that we can't even play the game we already bought. Not happy at all.

Gaming sites

What I find strange is that I have yet to see a single gaming site talking about this at all. Isn't that their job?

Also why the asking about having updates of Far Cry 4 that don't even exist yet? (1.01 is the latest)

And the use of the word "some"? Has any PS3 owner gotten this game to work? I've read comments from both digital owners and disc owners of the same problem, but have yet to read anyone who has gotten it to work. Is "some" and accurate statement?

Well since I can't get through to tech support, probably cause hundreds of other people are calling for the same thing, I'll leave this info in this thread.

1) Never played Far Cry 3. I dl'd the demo to Blood Dragon when it first came out on psn.
    2) PRE-ORDERED Digital Download
    3) Version 1.01 (Checked for update and it said " The latest version is installed.")
    4) U.S.A. (New York City)

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... Last ►►