Thread: Uplay cannot detect Far Cry 4 installation.... | Forums

Uplay cannot detect Far Cry 4 installation....

Ok so its the 18th and I went out and bought the retail copy of the game. Went home opened up the case and started installing the first disk, then realised I needed to have uplay downloaded. So I went and downloaded Uplay and installed it now that the game has finished installing off the disks when ever I try to start the game Uplay wants me to download the entire 30Gb and that is not acceptable with my internet connection of 150Kb/s downloads. What can I do to fix this.

Identical issue. Im installing on a seperate hardrive. I actually looked and the CD installs using the folder "FarCry 4" but uPlay installs making a folder "Far Cry 4" (extra space). I tried renaming the CD instlaled folder but the game would hang on 0% downloaded ad refuse to download.

xMiiSTY's Avatar Community Manager
    If the game isn't detecting for you, please make sure you are downloading the game on the same hard-drive that your OS is on. This might fix the problem!

If you continue to experience issues with this, please contact our Ubisoft Customer support. Thank you!

http://support.ubi.com

I tried uninstalling the game but all it does is take me to the Uplay games TAB and askes if I want to uninstall and does nothing, So I cant even try reinstalling the disks.

I cant uninstall it either. I manaually deleted the content from my drive and then tried to uninstall it from uPlay and the Cd still tells me the game is installed. It completes the uninstallation each time I try it, but still tells me its installed.

EDIT: Okay I can get around that by going into the CD and finding the setup. Setup wants me to install to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry 4"

uPlays default games directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games and it attempts to DOWNLOAD Farcry 4 to a folder in there "Far Cry 4"

The folders are in different locations AND the game folder is different due to one additional space. I have no idea how to install this correctly.

Might be worth a try to install the game through the setup with the edited installation directory of...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 4

Originally Posted by Arcane_Trollz Go to original post
    Might be worth a try to install the game through the setup with the edited installation directory of...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 4

Currently attempting to install to default locations (so the different ones). If it doesnt work, ill shift the data over and see how it goes. If THAT fails, Ill try fully installing to the edited installtion directory.

This shouldnt be so hard...

Nope. Neither option worked. Installed to default location with default uPlay drive, didnt work.

Shifted files to the folder within the uPlay games folder...STILL doesnt work.

I also cant verify my game to force it to see the content..because uPlay doesnt let you do that unless the game is installed. I literally cannot work out how to install this.

Downloading it fully is not really an option either since I have slow internet, and spending 8 hours downloading a game I have the CDs for is not appealing.

hmmm 8 hours isnt too bad but it would take me 5 days of constant downloading to get the 30GB plus the 3GB patch. I hope they manage to fix this.
    BTW trying to reinstall to defaults and see how it goes fingers crossed it may work for me.

Originally Posted by Arcane_Trollz Go to original post
    hmmm 8 hours isnt too bad but it would take me 5 days of constant downloading to get the 30GB plus the 3GB patch. I hope they manage to fix this.
    BTW trying to reinstall to defaults and see how it goes fingers crossed it may work for me.

I fixed it. Reinstalled to default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\FarCry 4) and I changed the default uPlay game installtion directory to that and it WORKS.

Make sure the name is exactly like that. 1 space difference and it will fail.

Edit: NEVERMIND. It doesnt work. It recognises the game and will let me verify. It attempts to download a patch called "Far Cry 4" and the download fails. Presumably because I dont have enough room.

Despite me having 11GB of space. This is so dumb..