Is the story in Unity actually that bad?

i keep hearing bad things about the story in Unity is it actually that bad

Yeas,it is really weak ad short IMO.And something i joticed is:"Where is the reign of terror?!?!?!?!?!?!"It lasts barely 1-2 sequences....

its not short is just kind of forgettable and dull but it is still a good game

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I don't think it's that bad, no. There's almost nothing to roll your eyes at, unlike say AC3 which is loaded with duff moments.

It might feel different depending on how you play it, however. I was spacing out all my main missions with side content up to a point, when I felt like I'd done enough to allow myself to just take the story through to its end. I think that was the best way to go, and maybe it feels different if you play them in more of a chain.

I'm sure it could be better, and I can see why it might leave some people cold, but I think it's a huge overstatement when people say it's actively "bad". Previous games had howling problems, whereas this game has a bare minimum of objectionable points.

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dimbismp Go to original post
    Yeas,it is really weak ad short IMO.And something i joticed is:"Where is the reign of terror?!?!?!?!?!?!"It lasts barely 1-2 sequences....
    I think that's a problem of an open world game, and the fact that 99% of players will have lots more to do in the city after the story's ending. They have to leave the story with the city in more or less the same state that it was in for most of the game, so that the conditions remain equal before and after the ending.

Yes. It's a piece of crap. It's forgettable. Uninteresting characters and a story that doesn't go anywhere. It's not worth your time. If you do decide to get it, just get it for the season pass and be done with it. Rogue's story is waaaayyyy better

steveeire's Avatar Senior Member
    meh it isn't the best story ever written in gaming but I enjoyed it and thought it was fine.

rogues story is more interesting but its way shorter and as a whole unity is a far better game than rogue

ace3001's Avatar Senior Member
    Starts off rather intriguing, both Arno and Elise are likeable characters, but then it drops the ball soon enough, and to top it all off, the ending sucks donkey butt.

Originally Posted by rob1990312 Go to original post
    rouges story is more interesting but its way shorter and as a whole unity is a far better game than rogue
    Way interesting than rogue? Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha, now THAT'S funneh xDD. Rogue may be short, but it did something right. It didn't manage to screw around with the formula (the engine) Unity (as it stands right now) is a broken mess, which can't be redeemed by a few patch fixes. The damage has been done to unity. People hate it, despise it, no going back.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►