Originally Posted by WraithWalker93 Go to original post
    Way interesting than rogue? Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha, now THAT'S funneh xDD. Rogue may be short, but it did something right. It didn't manage to screw around with the formula (the engine) Unity (as it stands right now) is a broken mess, which can't be redeemed by a few patch fixes. The damage has been done to unity. People hate it, despise it, no going back.
    it is not a broken mess iv been plaing it for days and have only came a cross a couple bugs if it wasnt for the story it would be the best ac game

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Way interesting than rogue? Hhahahahahahahahahahahaha, now THAT'S funneh xDD. Rogue may be short, but it did something right. It didn't manage to screw around with the formula (the engine) Unity (as it stands right now) is a broken mess, which can't be redeemed by a few patch fixes. The damage has been done to unity. People hate it, despise it, no going back.
    I disagree. I won't be interested in playing future ACs unless they keep and build on what makes Unity so great. There's no going back to the old game style, in my view. The new game is such a dramatic improvement in every way. The gameplay is better, the flexibility is better, there are situations that can emerge to make my game different to yours (which is almost unheard of in the AC series). It's finally delivering on what the series set out to be. Yes, it's got a ton of rough edges, but it's much more valuable to overcome those than to go back to the old formula. Shadow Of Mordor's sequel will kill this series if AC is allowed to be so stale, but Unity puts AC back at the forefront of this type of game.

It's a broken mess. Have you not seen thousands of people complaining how awful it is to play? Where have you been living? Under a rock? It's a messy game, which obviously needed a few more months. I LOVE rogue, it's a better game. It's kinda ironic that rogue is doing much better than unity.

I will just leave these here:
    1)The reign of terror was advertised really much the past months.For example,after watching the E3 demo,i thought that at least 30-50% of the game would take plave in the RoT.But,what happens in game?Arno is at the Versailles that time,and only comes back for one sequence,which i haven't played yet.So,the whole Robespierre,quillotine executions thing will last one sequence?Great...
    2)Arno is kicked out of the assassins at one point and then he can still take part in brotherhood missions and also becomes a master assassin.Couldn't they just make a cutscene in which he is forgiven?
    3)Halfway through Arno knows that his main target is Germain...Why didn't he just pursue him?Why did he kill 4 templars(rouille,marie,la touche and the other guy) instead of doing that?they offerd him almost no additional information..
    4)The ending:Elise dying didn't feel right at that particular moment

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    It's a broken mess. Have you not seen thousands of people complaining how awful it is to play? Where have you been living? Under a rock? It's a messy game, which obviously needed a few more months. I LOVE rogue, it's a better game. It's kinda ironic that rogue is doing much better than unity.
    Nobody's arguing that it's a botched release, Ubisoft included. Everyone knows it should have had more time, and I don't expect people who are having game-breaking bugs to continue muscling past them. Nobody owes Ubisoft anything.

However, it worked really well on my PC with all settings maxed, and I experienced only a few problems, so I've seen the game as it was meant to run - how it will be, once they fix it up - and it's a great game.

The story is just fine. The criticism to it is way too harsh and imo rushing the story is not the way it was meant to be played. Side stories and missions play big part in this open world and therefore I recommend doing them always around the main missions, because then you actually feel the atmosphere of the city and I just believe that's how it's meant to be played!

iv been playing the game thats where iv been i have a feeling u havent played unity for yourself

Originally Posted by NinthFall Go to original post
    The story is just fine. The criticism to it is way too harsh and imo rushing the story is not the way it was meant to be played. Side stories and missions play big part in this open world and therefore I recommend doing them always around the main missions, because then you actually feel the atmosphere of the city and I just believe that's how it's meant to be played!
    Yeah,but it doesn't feel right,narratively wise,if you decide to solve a Nostradamus riddle,instead of going to Luis' execution to find Germain...

Originally Posted by D.I.D. Go to original post
    I disagree. I won't be interested in playing future ACs unless they keep and build on what makes Unity so great. There's no going back to the old game style, in my view. The new game is such a dramatic improvement in every way. The gameplay is better, the flexibility is better, there are situations that can emerge to make my game different to yours (which is almost unheard of in the AC series). It's finally delivering on what the series set out to be. Yes, it's got a ton of rough edges, but it's much more valuable to overcome those than to go back to the old formula. Shadow Of Mordor's sequel will kill this series if AC is allowed to be so stale, but Unity puts AC back at the forefront of this type of game.
    Unity does have improvements in that regard but the mission design doesn't accomodate it and it gets repititive. Emerging gameplay has never been the appeal of Assassin's Creed, people play it, and replay it by the way, for the story and characters, the historical details and the fun gameplay. It's never been a hard game but it used to be a fun game and that fun is not there in UNITY.

As for Shadow of Mordor, I don't think its remotely in competition with Assassin's Creed

Originally Posted by rob1990312 Go to original post
    iv been playing the game thats where iv been i have a feeling u havent played unity for yourself
    Ohh I've played unity (rogue too) Everything about Unity just feels ... wrong? I dunna, I can't put my finger on it. There's something off about it. That ending ... jaysus >> So predictable. The story, is predictable. There's no enjoyment out of it. There's no progress to the "AC Universe" in unity. We find a sage and what? Nothing, absolutely sod all happens. What a waste, just a waste. This is by far one of the worst creed games I've ever played. At least the story in rogue did something different.