1. #1

    Pre Order MUST BE BANNED across the Industry. You sheep only have YOURSELVES to BLAME

    I love both PC AND Consoles, but since the arrival of the 360 / PS3 generation almost 10 years ago, the gaming industry has dropped in standards and will continue to do so for the love of GREED.

    Small re-hashed gaming models designed to sell to the MASS SHEEP POPULATION and make SHARE HOLDERS RICH.

    Pre-Order's arrived on the scene because games were being sold out in stores and being claimed to be out of stock.

    This was not true but simply the first step in brainwashing all you sheep out there into the "preorder" model.

    First step, limit the number of copies available to the consumer, causing people to miss out and wait, hence panicking on the next release while the publisher bangs on that all you have to do is go to your local store and pre order the game and you will be sweet.

    I don't know about you, but I haven't seen a game store run out of a copy of a new release game since the first year of the 360.....EVER (No exaggeration).

    So okay you say, I'm going to take the game back blah blah, "F@#K" Ubisoft...blah blah.

    All cool, you bent over for Ubi - soft while they dry humped you, you didn't like it, so you take the game back so then they can dry hump the game store.

    Don't think for ONE SECOND are you hurting Ubi-soft because the got all your PRE ORDER money LONG AGO from you SHEEPLE through the stores, hence why they half *** the last 6 months of work like EVERY company is starting to do.

    STOP GOD DAMN PRE ORDERING!

    All you do is ENABLE these companies to continually bend you over while they spend your money laughing their god damn asses of at all of you coming to cry about buying a half finished game.

    Well guess what genus's, you agreed to buying a half finished product when you agreed to pay for a product which was A) Still in production, and B) You never saw working IN FRONT OF YOU.

    I would put a YEAR'S paycheck that in the agreement to install the game NO WHERE does it say they will GUARANTEE you will receive a finished product... EVER.

    I promise you these guys, and every other Publisher out there is laughing their *** off at how easy it is to make money.

    They don't even need to pay QA anymore these days.

    This crap will stop ONLY when people STOP PRE ORDERING.

    RANT OVER.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    *Geniuses

    I kinda agree...Sort of...I pre-ordered so that I would have it on the day of release...We expect- well, we should expect a finished product at the time of release...

    However, I didn't do it because of any love for Ubisoft particularly...Simply so that I didn't have to waste time - or take a day off - going into the nearest city to get something that the shops don't sell - the boxed set...

    Yes, I could have waited for these, I have no intention of playing until some of these issues are fixed...But I won't be told I've bent over and taken a dry hump from Ubisoft, when all I did was save my time and made life easy for me...Sorry, ta...
    Share this post

  3. #3
    X_xWolverinEx_X's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia MATE!
    Posts
    1,554
    oh boho do you need your diaper changed
    Share this post

  4. #4

    Now run along littlle boy, children shoud be seen and not heard.

    Originally Posted by X_xWolverinEx_X Go to original post
    oh boho do you need your diaper changed

    Get a new hobby mate because trolling isn't your thing.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    X_xWolverinEx_X's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia MATE!
    Posts
    1,554
    Originally Posted by bakedagainbro Go to original post
    Get a new hobby mate because trolling isn't your thing.
    i am no child
    Share this post

  6. #6
    LooseKiD187's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    FNQ - Australia
    Posts
    27
    says the guy Whinging about Pre Orders, dont like it, dont pre order. u cant control the world bud. Pre orders are here, and will be forever. i remembered pre Ordering San Andreas on ps2. its not exactly a "new thing" from last gen.
    Share this post

  7. #7

    Sorry mate

    Originally Posted by RobertMcSassin Go to original post
    *Geniuses

    I kinda agree...Sort of...I pre-ordered so that I would have it on the day of release...We expect- well, we should expect a finished product at the time of release...

    However, I didn't do it because of any love for Ubisoft particularly...Simply so that I didn't have to waste time - or take a day off - going into the nearest city to get something that the shops don't sell - the boxed set...

    Yes, I could have waited for these, I have no intention of playing until some of these issues are fixed...But I won't be told I've bent over and taken a dry hump from Ubisoft, when all I did was save my time and made life easy for me...Sorry, ta...
    Sorry dude but you just MASSIVELY contradicted yourself.

    By saying you won't be playing until they fixed it is ADMITTING you are content if not happy to pay for broken product as long as they "fix it soon" so I can play it mentality.

    Would you buy ANY OTHER product in the world and be content with a broken item, then told hey don't worry, you are welcome to try and find and tell us the problems,(You know, doing our job for us) but in the meantime we are "Working on it".

    That is EXACTLY what you have done by PAYING for the game BEFORE it's finished and presented.

    You THINK you saved your self time and get to play it on DAY ONE(as was a part of your argument) then contradict yourself completely by then saying you have no intention of playing until the bugs are fixed

    So those few hours "saved" not driving to the city costs days of unplayable broken game while waiting for Ubisoft to "get around to fixing it".

    Maybe a more simple way of putting it is this, "Only a moron would hand over money for something they do not know works correctly in the first place".
    Share this post

  8. #8

    Fan boys out in force? And can you even read?

    Originally Posted by LooseKiD187 Go to original post
    says the guy Whinging about Pre Orders, dont like it, dont pre order. u cant control the world bud. Pre orders are here, and will be forever. i remembered pre Ordering San Andreas on ps2. its not exactly a "new thing" from last gen.
    What do you mean "says the guy whinging about pre orders"

    For starters this comment makes NO SENSE at all.

    Secondly, I was pointing out that gaming in general (pretty graphics don't MAKE gaming) has gone DOWN HILL since consoles went ONLINE. (Yes I know the Gen before the 360 / ps3 had internet capabilities but the bandwidth made that a fail).

    If you are not intelligent enough to understand what I am saying, and actually respond with an intelligent response, but what am I saying, you think this cannot be changed therefore you are just another sheep.

    One person can't change it, but all of you pulled your heads out your *** and NO ONE pre ordered, they would not exist, and the companies WOULD have to present a finished and polished product.

    You keep paying full price for a half finished game bro, good for you, Ill pay half for a FULL finished game when they finish patching 6 months worth of crap like the rest of the titles on the market at the moment.

    Your loss not mine.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    8,260
    Nah, what needs to happen is people need to research games better before preordering and avoid impulsive buying.

    I do preorder games and will continue so, but only the games I'm completely convinced about what I'm getting. Anyway I'm not a massive buyer and buy 2-3 games a year maximum. So I buy the ones I'm absolutely sure about. I preordered borderlands the pre-sequel and don't regret it. Preordered Black Flag last year and didn't regret it either. I didn't preorder Unity because something seemed off about it to me, and Rogue well, Rogue seemed like a dlc from the beginning. I might buy them some time in the future, when they're patched etc.

    Preordering is a way to get one's anticipated games without delay and yes it involves risk (which is why one must be sure to find out about the game), but don't go on blaming horse racing just because you decided to bet on the wrong horse, brah.
    Share this post

  10. #10

    Your location real bro?

    Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    Nah, what needs to happen is people need to research games better before preordering and avoid impulsive buying.

    I do preorder games and will continue so, but only the games I'm completely convinced about what I'm getting. Anyway I'm not a massive buyer and buy 2-3 games a year maximum. So I buy the ones I'm absolutely sure about. I preordered borderlands the pre-sequel and don't regret it. Preordered Black Flag last year and didn't regret it either. I didn't preorder Unity because something seemed off about it to me, and Rogue well, Rogue seemed like a dlc from the beginning. I might buy them some time in the future, when they're patched etc.

    Preordering is a way to get one's anticipated games without delay and yes it involves risk (which is why one must be sure to find out about the game), but don't go on blaming horse racing just because you decided to bet on the wrong horse, brah.
    So your location says Ubisoft, and you only PRE-ORDER Ubisoft games.

    Something seems "off" about your post.

    You worded it wrong.

    Pre ordering is one's way of FORCING a rushed product because the publisher doesn't want the "backlash" (better known as the "Im so ENTITLED" syndrome) about the game being pushed back to be fixed by, you guessed it, the same people throwing money at them for something that "technically" doesn't even exist.

    Can someone come back with a real argument that does not contradict itself?

    P.S. You do know Ubisoft gave all the pre order fan boys a big kick in the teeth by releasing EVERY copy with the "30 minutes" extra game play for "pre ordering".

    Hook,line and sinker.
    Share this post