Possible fix for freezing in game....

Hi guys, after some hard work i have come across a solution that worked for me after experiencing freezing in the game. Most freezing in a computer game comes from too much information being there to access so i have come up with the solution of "less means more" which simplifies the workings of our computer. The following is a method i used to do exactly that. Please do not use this method if your computer is not freezing and don't try to fix what is not broken as i am taking no responsibility if you stuff up as this is what worked for me. Note that i use nvidia graphics cards not AMD so the first part of this refers to the nvidia control panel. Amd users can follow the second part of this tutorial.This is also for win 7.I don't own win 8 and have no idea how it works.If this stops your freezing then great if not please do not hold it against me as i am only trying to help because i know how frustrating it can be when we pay for games and cant run the properly. So here goes.
    1 before opening your game right click on desktop
    2 select nvidia control panel
    3 Manage 3d settings
    4 add unity to the customize menu
    5 select program settings tab and set SHADER CACHE to OFF
    6 select global settings tab and set SHADER CACHE to OFF
    7 if the apply option is there hit Apply
    8 close it down
    9 go to your windows start menu and type in the task bar %temp%
    10 Delete all your folders in the Temp folder only
    11 restart your computer
    12 go to start menu and type in task
    13 select task scheduler
    14 end all tasks before playing your game. Note that when you restart your computer you should end tasks before playing your game anyway as they will start up again.
    If anyone is using cheat engine well then your games are going to run like crap as there is information saved in that folder which may conflict with your other saved folders. I hope this works for you guys and the idea of deleting the folders inside the temp folder will help the computer to think without distraction and hopefully help the game to run smoother.Like i said sometimes less means more.Turning off the shader cache stops the creation of a nvidia folder inside the temp folder which is not needed. Like i said guys this worked for me and if its not 100% correct then i do know that at least i am on the right track.

doughy12's Avatar Banned
    Your settings and comp specs are only really going to work on your computer. This isn't one of those things like a program like installing VLC player where the program is universal and everyone runs it the same universal.

Game is only freezing because people are playing the game on settings their computer obviously can't handle.

Originally Posted by doughy12 Go to original post
    Your settings and comp specs are only really going to work on your computer. This isn't one of those things like a program like installing VLC player where the program is universal and everyone runs it the same universal.

Game is only freezing because people are playing the game on settings their computer obviously can't handle.
    Would you please stop spreading misinformation? He's talking about a shader cache. Not some hardware-specific setting. And disabling it can improve performance in some instances, in others it can degrade performance. He's offering a possible solution to issues related to memory access error crashes, which are the most common crashes reported so far.

Some games will perform better with shader cache off - especially if they have a bottleneck in terms of texture streaming or other HDD/SSD/RAM/VRAM transfer issues.

FsF4Pp

Also, the absolute lack of self-awareness in your posts is astounding. You have quite literally insulted people because your hardware-specific settings don't work for them, and here you are telling someone else that hardware-specific settings aren't the magic bullet.

doughy12's Avatar Banned
    Listen you asswipe

CONFIGURING SETTINGS ON you rig only applies to your rig only NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO HAVE YOUR SETTINGS WORK So just quit the ******** of saying facts are misinformation.

I swear you are beyond brain dead to even try to use individual settings universally

You need to be banned from the forum because you're a ****** bag moron

Listen you asswipe

CONFIGURING SETTINGS ON you rig only applies to your rig only NO ONE ELSE IS GOING TO HAVE YOUR SETTINGS WORK So just quit the ******** of saying facts are misinformation.

I swear you are beyond brain dead to even try to use individual settings universally

You need to be banned from the forum because you're a ****** bag moron
    I'm sorry, but you have yet to show a single fact. I have been quite cordial to you, as have others, and you have been aggressive, confrontational, and now insulting.

Speaking of bans from the forums, I have a feeling you just earned one.

The only fact is that you have been continually spreading misinformation and half-truths, and respond to criticism of same with disproportional anger and personal attacks.

Sorry guys i didn't mean to start a war. I am a bit of a newbie and don't really know that much when it comes to computers but i was just trying to pass on what i do know. I look at it this way, if we don't stick together on this then we wont learn anything, I do know one thing though and that is i hate wasting my hard earned money. I have a gtx 690 with a 3960x processor and a ax1200 power suply with 32gig ram and ample cooling and i still get problems. If there is anything that you guys think is wrong with my post just let me know and i will edit it out.

there's nothing wrong with your post.

Originally Posted by Drummerboy1962 Go to original post
    Sorry guys i didn't mean to start a war. I am a bit of a newbie and don't really know that much when it comes to computers but i was just trying to pass on what i do know. I look at it this way, if we don't stick together on this then we wont learn anything, I do know one thing though and that is i hate wasting my hard earned money. I have a gtx 690 with a 3960x processor and a ax1200 power suply with 32gig ram and ample cooling and i still get problems. If there is anything that you guys think is wrong with my post just let me know and i will edit it out.
    It is fine - at the worst, doing this will cause slowdowns for people, in which case they simply undo it.

At the best, it may highlight a flaw within the game that will allow Ubisoft to patch and fix it. If something like shader cache is causing issues, that could help them to understand the underlying framerate and memory access violations, and resolve them.

You didn't start a war, either. The other person has been espousing opinions as facts and gets quite aggressive when confronted about it - as you can see by his response to my, I thought, rather benign post. I don't hold any ill-will towards him, regardless of his abusive language and insults, I am just frustrated because he is passing off bad information as facts and not helping anyone by doing it.

gr8pcs's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by mcketten Go to original post
    It is fine - at the worst, doing this will cause slowdowns for people, in which case they simply undo it.

At the best, it may highlight a flaw within the game that will allow Ubisoft to patch and fix it. If something like shader cache is causing issues, that could help them to understand the underlying framerate and memory access violations, and resolve them.

You didn't start a war, either. The other person has been espousing opinions as facts and gets quite aggressive when confronted about it - as you can see by his response to my, I thought, rather benign post. I don't hold any ill-will towards him, regardless of his abusive language and insults, I am just frustrated because he is passing off bad information as facts and not helping anyone by doing it.
    Well said, he has some anger management issues thats for sure.I cant believe how someone that wants to help us out can get bagged like that. What a nutter, Drummerboys post was spot on and helped me out. It makes total sense to me.There is info also on the same lines as this over at the ASUS rog Forum too.Peace