Using Hidden Blade or Fists as Primary Weapon

Hey guys, this is an embarrassing question - I've been a long time AC series fan since AC1.. and I've been trying ACU, but still haven't managed to figure out this problem:

How the bloody heck do I specify my primary weapon for a fight?

I've always loved to use nothing else but the hidden blades, but now seems like the game wants to select my primary weapon for me.. which is not good.

wichking's Avatar Member
    it goes back to Ac 1. your hiddenblade is now doing tis job properly. and that is killing ppl from behind. not going rambo all in

Any chance Ubisoft could patch in hidden blades as a weapon option?

I think the main point is people want to have the option to at least pick the weapon they want to dedicate towards, like at least in AC2 which came out like half a decade ago.

wichking's Avatar Member
    i doubt they will do it. the reason is this. They redefined Assassins creed as it used to be. They want to make it more an assassin game and not an 1 man army.
    And to the origin of the hiddenblade its a stealth weapon. its just not right to fight with a whristblade vs a sword. You could not parry this.
    I agree however the animations looked cool fihgting with the hidden blades but they made every weapon for its own purpose. Your sword/mace/spear is your combat weapon. Hidden blade your stealth one. You dont go with your sword and backstab ppl either

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by wichking Go to original post
    it goes back to Ac 1
    You could fight with it in ac 1.

wichking's Avatar Member
    ya but only to counter or terrified ppl. but since unity has no counter the balde becomes similar to Ac 1

Originally Posted by wichking Go to original post
    ya but only to counter or terrified ppl. but since unity has no counter the balde becomes similar to Ac 1
    Not exactly true. Even back in AC1, we could specify to only use the hidden blades if we wanted. AC Unity's combat weapon selection "logic" is just entirely backwards.

It also sucks you cannot disarm, or pick up weapons off the ground and use those on the fly either. I've told friends about this who haven't purchased the game and it's a deal breaker for them to have to go to their start menu and select a weapon they want to use instead of being able to switch on the fly.

And I'm not even talking about carrying all these weapons either like some Rambo, I just mean adapting to your environment, like an Assassin is supposed to do.

I am just wondering why the took out running assassinations. That was so useful in AC3/4.

Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax Go to original post
    It also sucks you cannot disarm, or pick up weapons off the ground and use those on the fly either. I've told friends about this who haven't purchased the game and it's a deal breaker for them to have to go to their start menu and select a weapon they want to use instead of being able to switch on the fly.

And I'm not even talking about carrying all these weapons either like some Rambo, I just mean adapting to your environment, like an Assassin is supposed to do.
    Precisely! I'm sure I'm not the first one saying this, but.. really very disappointed with ACU's combat system right now.