Why do I keep getting the low memory error message?!

My pc has a MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G graphics card, 8GB ram, Intel i7-3770 CPU. And I am using the recommended settings from Geforce experience. My build seems to be fine, but every time I play I get the "memory is running low" message and forced me to close the game. I don't think this should be happening. Does anyone else have the same problem?

naumaan's Avatar Senior Member
    i think its because of the firewall setting .. or another background software which monitors the memory .. and somewhere in that program .. its low memory is set ..you can turn it off through proper channel i think .. i am not sure tho ..

Yeah can someone please help me with that? I can't even run the game for 10 minutes without getting the error message.

naumaan, Firewall? Seriously?

Leo, you have plenty of memory. You might want to check to see what's running in the background. Web browsers can chew up a lot of it (my browser is currently taking over 530MB). Check the memory usage in your task manager.
    It might be best to check this after a reboot. Close what you don't need and try again.

Originally Posted by ryan8374 Go to original post
    naumaan, Firewall? Seriously?

Leo, you have plenty of memory. You might want to check to see what's running in the background. Browsers can chew up a lot of it. Check the memory usage in your task manager.
    It might be best to check this after a reboot. Close what you don't need and try again.
    i dont know what to call it mate ..

Originally Posted by naumaan Go to original post
    i dont know what to call it mate ..
    I can't even imagine what you meant by it.

haha .. i dont know .. its a kind of windows system software that keep on calling memory low ... like on a laptop .. windows keep telling you battery low ... now what can you call that ?

there is another theory, I am not saying personally but still, when we run a pirated game .. some pretty heavy junk files are downloaded which cash pc's utilization to max .. and you cant play anything at all ..

one of the reasons why i left playing pirated games

Is there a patch coming soon? I hope the patch will somewhat help with this issue.

how much hard drive space do you have free?

Mine's a legit copy though. Got it via the Nvidia promo.