1. #1

    Uplay downaload speed for Assassin's Creed Unity?

    What is everyones download speed for AC Unity on Uplay??

    I was downloading at a speed of 1.8mB/s, but then at around 29% it dropped to about 6.8kB/s..... I tested out by trying to re-download other games and I get 1.8mB/s. So what the heck is up with AC: Unity??? I need it to download faster so I can play...
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I have the same problem,

    I search on the forums and I have found other people with the same issue :
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...Download-speed [ENGLISH]
    http://forums-fr.ubi.com/showthread....lay-trop-lent? [FRENCH]
    http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-30...ment-uplay.htm [FRENCH]
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Rekalty's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    742
    Also http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...wn-to-6-8-kb-s and a few others, but this is turning into a link-fest.

    Good job not noticing all the other threads, there's like 3-4 on the Tech Support subforum. Disable your internet connection, let Uplay loose connection, then re-enable it. That should get the download up to full speed again. It seems to be doing this roughly every 2 hours.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Rekalty Go to original post
    Also http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...wn-to-6-8-kb-s and a few others, but this is turning into a link-fest.

    Good job not noticing all the other threads, there's like 3-4 on the Tech Support subforum. Disable your internet connection, let Uplay loose connection, then re-enable it. That should get the download up to full speed again. It seems to be doing this roughly every 2 hours.
    Thanks for the reply, I haven't noticed the other threads because I'm a bit busy & it only took a minute to write my thread. I restarted my PC, then booted up Uplay & restarted the download. It's fine now, though if it happens again then it's safe to assume that it's pretty random & not my end since you said other users experience the same issue.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Rekalty's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    742
    Originally Posted by Shaftex Go to original post
    Thanks for the reply, I haven't noticed the other threads because I'm a bit busy & it only took a minute to write my thread. I restarted my PC, then booted up Uplay & restarted the download. It's fine now, though if it happens again then it's safe to assume that it's pretty random & not my end since you said other users experience the same issue.
    Np. Not sure why it's doing it, I also figured it had to be a problem on my end, until I saw others post about it. Ubisoft has been silent about it, no explanation why it just slows to a crawl. Check the download once in a while, it might slow down again like mine did, and it was always after roughly 2 hours... again, for no obvious reason.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Rekalty Go to original post
    Np. Not sure why it's doing it, I also figured it had to be a problem on my end, until I saw others post about it. Ubisoft has been silent about it, no explanation why it just slows to a crawl. Check the download once in a while, it might slow down again like mine did, and it was always after roughly 2 hours... again, for no obvious reason.
    Possibly because Ubi servers might be a bit packed atm? Unity just released 4 hours ago so yeah.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Rekalty's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    742
    Originally Posted by Shaftex Go to original post
    Possibly because Ubi servers might be a bit packed atm? Unity just released 4 hours ago so yeah.
    Unlikely, it's been like this for days, for me at least. Both when I downloaded Black Flag last week, and when I started preloading Unity yesterday.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    DELTA Kristian's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Assassin`s HQ [Classified]
    Posts
    167
    220 kb/s lol
    gonna play tomorrow I guess.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    i have the same issue after 2 houres the download drop from 1mb/s to 4.5kb/s

    Share this post

  10. #10

    If this was pre-loaded on Steam I'd be playing right now

    Same problem. Got stuck in the middle of the night. I would be playing right now if this was on Steam.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►