1. #1

    What ruined this franchise! (SPOILERS)

    Spoiler:  Show
    Ok I just learned that the modern day is basically non existent in Unity. Well ubisoft I'm sorry but you have just stabbed me in the back and I guess many other fans. You gave us something that we loved and was a major point in the franchise and let us love it and take it away from us, to appeal to the masses.

    Now Patrice Desiletts worked on AC1 and AC2 and he wanted the franchise to go to AC3 and make it a trilogy. I now imagine that it would have been great, it would have been like The Dark Knight of the gaming world. He wanted to do this and was told they were going to make it an annual franchise and he didn't like that so he left.

    He was right to leave he knew it would turn into what it has today. A confused storyline that caused them cancel major points of the game, game play that becomes extremely reminiscent of the last with no change and a rushed game with lots of bugs.

    I have to say that this is the best annual franchise, but that doesn't mean a lot really. This franchise has my favorite game of all time (AC2) bit I will never expect something like that again. I know they will never make something that special ever again, they lost the person who made it for money.

    Basically ubisoft could have created the greatest gaming trilogy of all time and have something major on their hands, however they thought of money and chose it over quality.

    I am not hating, I am stating fact. If they can improve it in anyway it would be great but I don't think they will see this. I have bought the collectors edition of each game so far from pre order. I think I will now wait for the second hand versiom of the game to pass my time instead if really enjoying and seeing something as more than just a game. I will also unsubscribe from their YouTube channel, to avoid their over the top marketing.

    So I will play rogue and unity since I have already paid for them. But I will not follow the next game unless they seriously fix themselves up and realise what they want and see what their FANS want, not everybody other than their fans.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    PedroAntonio2's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    323
    I couldn't agree more...they butchered Assassin's Creed. The games are great and all...but the Juno's arc is ridiculous and they want to start ''slow'' the modern days in this new AC arch. The series should have ended in an ACIII produced by Patrice Désilets.ACII released in 2009 and ACIII being released at 2012, with no games between these two release, no anual releases. And the casual gamers are ruining it even more...they are the ones that caused modern days to be like this with a floating tablet and now we have only cutscenes in present day, because '' Desmond is boring, I hate desmond.I want Godzio. ''

    After watching some of AC Unity footage and reading some of the reviews, I'm starting to think about dropping the franchise...forget it exists and play another game. I will only play another AC Game when they return witth a new modern-day protagonist with a solid arc.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Don't think you really had to mark this thread for spoilers, but anywho...

    I kind of agree. I find it incredibly confusing playing all these characters who are 'you', but 'a different you'.

    There's 'you' in the ACB and ACR multiplayer, who turns out to be Otso Berg.

    There's you in BF, who works at Abstergo Enternainment, who knows nothing about anything.

    There's you in Rogue, who also works at Abstergo Entertainment, but is in no way related to the other 'you' that works at Abstergo Entertainment.

    There's you in Unity, who is in no way related to any of the above.

    It's kind of a pain to keep track of all these characters, without some kind of clear overarching plot to follow.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by PedroAntonio2 Go to original post
    I couldn't agree more...they butchered Assassin's Creed. The games are great and all...but the Juno's arc is ridiculous and they want to start ''slow'' the modern days in this new AC arch. The series should have ended in an ACIII produced by Patrice Désilets.ACII released in 2009 and ACIII being released at 2012, with no games between these two release, no anual releases. And the casual gamers are ruining it even more...they are the ones that caused modern days to be like this with a floating tablet and now we have only cutscenes in present day, because '' Desmond is boring, I hate desmond.I want Godzio. ''

    After watching some of AC Unity footage and reading some of the reviews, I'm starting to think about dropping the franchise...forget it exists and play another game. I will only play another AC Game when they return witth a new modern-day protagonist with a solid arc.
    I agree. However I think brotherhood and revelations should have been made. That was a great, it is a great middle and end for a character that I love. But then AC3 should have been the last one with a good ending. And better made with more time.

    Three main games. One main writer. One main director. One composer.

    It even looks good in writing lol.

    I love AC for what they created and always will but they are making me hate something I love which is a mean thing to do to a person who has spent so much money and put in so much time for them.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    PedroAntonio2's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    323
    Originally Posted by GreatBeyonder Go to original post
    Don't think you really had to mark this thread for spoilers, but anywho...

    I kind of agree. I find it incredibly confusing playing all these characters who are 'you', but 'a different you'.

    There's 'you' in the ACB and ACR multiplayer, who turns out to be Otso Berg.

    There's you in BF, who works at Abstergo Enternainment, who knows nothing about anything.

    There's you in Rogue, who also works at Abstergo Entertainment, but is in no way related to the other 'you' that works at Abstergo Entertainment.

    There's you in Unity, who is in no way related to any of the above.

    It's kind of a pain to keep track of all these characters, without some kind of clear overarching plot to follow.
    It's ridiculous...how many ''me'' are they going to create ?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by PedroAntonio2 Go to original post
    It's ridiculous...how many ''me'' are they going to create ?
    Yes. People mainly said before that they don't like modern day because it was confusing... This is so much more confusing.

    One of greatest films of all time is confusing in a good way because it is actually a terrific story (inception). Modern day was like that but now it's just a confuses storyline that is confusing for the wrong reason and makes no sense whatsoever.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    PedroAntonio2's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    323
    Originally Posted by king-hailz Go to original post
    I agree. However I think brotherhood and revelations should have been made. That was a great, it is a great middle and end for a character that I love. But then AC3 should have been the last one with a good ending. And better made with more time.

    Three main games. One main writer. One main director. One composer.

    It even looks good in writing lol.

    I love AC for what they created and always will but they are making me hate something I love which is a mean thing to do to a person who has spent so much money and put in so much time for them.
    If the game had only one creative director like Kojima with Metal Gear Solid, the franchise would be way better. Even better if Corey May wrote all the games.

    AC Brotherhood was supposed to be part of ACII, but they decided to split the game in two ( AC2 and ACB ) and Revelations was supposed to be a 3DS game. But imagine, ACII + ACB released in 2009 and ACIII in 2012. Maybe they could have mix ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations in one game only...but it would be a very long game, but if you consider Desmond's plot we could have seen Desmond finding out about his role to save the world ( AC2 ending ), kill Lucy ( ACB ending ) and etering a coma and encoutering Clay inside the Animus ( ACR ) in one game. And ACIII would be the end of his plot, but without that terrible ending we got in the original, perphaps a final battle against Abstergo and Daniel Cross being the main villain.

    Originally Posted by king-hailz Go to original post
    Yes. People mainly said before that they don't like modern day because it was confusing... This is so much more confusing.

    One of greatest films of all time is confusing in a good way because it is actually a terrific story (inception). Modern day was like that but now it's just a confuses storyline that is confusing for the wrong reason and makes no sense whatsoever.
    They should reboot the franchise, seriously...go back to ACI and erase the modern-day arc completely or turn it into the story we always wanted to see, turning the franchise into a trilogy and giving it a perfect and solid ending.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by PedroAntonio2 Go to original post
    If the game had only one creative director like Kojima with Metal Gear Solid, the franchise would be way better. Even better if Corey May wrote all the games.

    AC Brotherhood was supposed to be part of ACII, but they decided to split the game in two ( AC2 and ACB ) and Revelations was supposed to be a 3DS game. But imagine, ACII + ACB released in 2009 and ACIII in 2012. Maybe they could have mix ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations in one game only...but it would be a very long game, but if you consider Desmond's plot we could have seen Desmond finding out about his role to save the world ( AC2 ending ), kill Lucy ( ACB ending ) and etering a coma and encoutering Clay inside the Animus ( ACR ) in one game. And ACIII would be the end of his plot, but without that terrible ending we got in the original, perphaps a final battle against Abstergo and Daniel Cross being the main villain.
    Yes I think AC1 should have stayed how it is. AC2 should have sated how it is ACB and ACR should have been one game, where Desmond kills Warren. AC3 should have been made with Desmond killing Daniel cross at the end...

    Ahhhh what could have been would have been amazing.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,431
    Annualization is preventing writers to have ENOUGH time to come up with new ideas after AC III basically ended the modern arc.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by PedroAntonio2 Go to original post
    They should reboot the franchise, seriously...go back to ACI and erase the modern-day arc completely or turn it into the story we always wanted to see, turning the franchise into a trilogy and giving it a perfect and solid ending.
    YEEEESSS that would be amazing however ubisoft would rather have a massive pile of cash.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►