Thread: [PS4]Official Rocksmith 2014 Support Thread for PS4 | Forums

GrimorumArcanor's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by skateak Go to original post
    What you say makes sense but it is a bummer. I would have saved my $10 for the import tool and saved the $20 it cost me to order the original Rocksmith and bought a PSN game. Luckily I still have patience left because I still have over 60 PS4 games to play anyways. The real bummer is I bought a $500 guitar just to learn to play but I don't even have access to all the songs I have paid for.
    What I've found so rich is when Dan comes in and acts like he's done everything right and we're just jerks, basically, for being impatient. He says that this was an unexpected development. Neither Playstation nor Xbox Live was remotely ready for "Legacy" DLC to be available to the people that own it. Dan expects us to buy the BS that they just didn't know it wouldn't be ready.... So, if I'm understanding this right, Dan and his cadre of geniuses actually thought that somehow all of this content was going to be uploaded at release... but then wasn't even begun until after release. How did Ubisoft expect that to happen? Magic? Because nothing was said about the game not working on day one until the issues were already baked in. Just like that one song that isn't being sold individually anymore. They apparently knew well in advance that they were no longer selling that song that way. Did they tell anyone else that? Not in advance of the issue appearing for their customers. There's absolutely zero chance Ubisoft didn't know their claims weren't going to be fulfilled anywhere close to day 1.... Because even if it had simply worked, they wouldn't have been ready.... by a factor of months... and yet, I presume that holiday cash grab is our fault too. Or maybe we should've just expected this level of incompetence and active abuse of the Rocksmith customer. Dan's great at lip service. I wish he was better at actually getting anything done. His propaganda doesn't make me feel better anymore.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    I don't think I explained what I was asking about well enough or I am misunderstanding you. I am not talking about the Legacy DLC. I mean the Base on-disc songs for the original Rocksmith. I bought it on PS3 the other day, and the import pack but I stlll can't play them with my PS4 on Rocksmith 2014. That was the only reason I bought the PS3 version.
    Sorry, I may not have been clear -- the legacy DLC includes the import pack, as that is basically a 52-song DLC bundle that has to be downloaded just like any of the existing DLC content from RS1.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    Grim, you are assuming a lot of things about me and my responses and even Ubisoft that are simply not true. I don't think anybody here is a jerk, I don't think you have done anything wrong, and I don't think any of this is acceptable. This was supposed to work day one, and the systems were in place weeks before the PS4 launch. Please note that it worked fine on Xbox One, and when SCEA said it was too much to do at one time, we worked out a schedule with them so that everything was up within three weeks. SCEE did not follow that same schedule, but the schedule was offered.

I'm sorry you feel all I do is propaganda. I'm also sorry I cannot give you the answers we both want, which is that it would be fixed. It's impossible to give you the progress reports you want to hear if that progress does not exist. This one is out of my hands, but I am representing you very strongly and far above me. Internally, I'm doing quite a bit to convey the urgency of this. Some of our issues are not unique to Rocksmith or Ubisoft. I'm unfortunately the one holding the bag as the only person communicating directly with you. You're shooting the messenger out of frustration. I get it, but I don't recommend it.

I know that I'm doing what I can, whether you like me or not. Being mean to me or calling my integrity and motivations into question won't get this issue solved any faster than being nice will, but being nice probably takes less effort. It's your right as a customer to be upset about this, but it's my right as a human being to not be abused in the course of trying to get you the satisfaction you want.

I'd appreciate less personal attacks, despite your frustration. Thank you.

Hi, I've been playing Blitzkrieg Bop a lot lately, and I'm wondering why Master Mode never engages as I'm playing. I currently have a 99.5% on it and I would have thought it'd be activated by now.

Thank you

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Please note that it worked fine on Xbox One,
    In what universe? I just got the last of my Xbox One content a week ago. What are you talking about the Xbox One launch of the "Legacy" DLC worked fine? Are you delusional? Or do you think I'm on PS4 and don't know that that's a lie?

I'm sorry you feel all I do is propaganda. I'm also sorry I cannot give you the answers we both want, which is that it would be fixed. It's impossible to give you the progress reports you want to hear if that progress does not exist.
    Then stop with the BS. I know you're not dumb, so I know you understand my point and are just intentionally being obtuse at this point. As I said, the follow-up he thought was delayed was from you, not an answer, not the answer, not the solution to all problems in time and space. If you didn't have an answer, say you don't have an answer before a month goes by and the user has to ask for you to follow-up. Ever been left on hold for a long, long time? Ever wonder why automated systems at call centers almost always force the call center employee back on the line after a certain amount of time? Even if they haven't completed what they had the user on hold for? It's called customer service. This guy asked for you to follow-up. All he wanted from you was to say you had, not to leave him to guess whether you had and whether you were just ignoring him after that.

But that issue is very different from your propaganda, so don't get the two confused... the propaganda is when you get these alleged answers (nothing is preferable to BS) and pass them along as though what's happening is okay. What's happening is not okay. And, yet, their answer of "when we get around to it" does seem to be okay as that's the line they've given you and you're regurgitating to your customers. That's the propaganda... that this is just how it is and while you'd rather it all just went away, we all have to deal in the reality of the situation... a reality of your company's making.

I'm unfortunately the one holding the bag as the only person communicating directly with you.
    Why is that? Whose choice is it to close support tickets if we don't keep them actively open? If your support team did as thorough a follow-up there as you have here, well, because they weren't given an answer a month ago, the support ticket would've been closed 3 weeks ago. But I'm imagining that lacking support?

I'd appreciate less personal attacks, despite your frustration. Thank you.
    So, to be clear, not fewer, just less. I can probably handle that. I'd appreciate not to be lied to... Which brings me back to Xbox One being functional day one? Lies aren't the way to achieve a lowering of my frustration.

In Australia, the full jimi Hendrix pack is asking for repurchase (individual songs and the smaller packs, too), though I have bought the full pack on PS3 before getting my PS4. I called PS store support, they said ubisoft need to resync my purchases on there servers to fix the issue for DLC that's available. I've raised a ticket with Ubi AU (can provide ticket number if it helps) to do this but have had no response since the "we'll get back to you within 48 hours" auto reply (feb 21). Has anyone heard anything similar? Is there a list / email or something that I can add my name to for a purchases refresh from PSStore?

Nice to see you can take the time to complain about how you're (!!) being treated, Dan... to actually respond to the content? Naaaaaaah.

skateak's Avatar Member
    Sorry, I may not have been clear -- the legacy DLC includes the import pack, as that is basically a 52-song DLC bundle that has to be downloaded just like any of the existing DLC content from RS1.
    Ah thank you. That answers one question but gives me some more. I saw you reply to another user saying that the schedule was accepted by SCEA but not SCEE. Well I live in the US and have a US account so I don't really understand why it isn't working for me. You surely understand that this is very confusing for us?

You surely understand that this is very confusing for us?
    Of course they understand that. How else do you mislabel a game, market it under those false pretenses, and then a third of a year goes by (how much time is that in video game years?) and you still haven't fixed it, how else would you sell that game unless you intentionally confused your potential customers? There's a thread on this very forum from a member back in the summer asking what one feature would make you either buy or not buy a new version of Rocksmith on a next gen console were it offered... The singular aspect almost unanimously stated was that current DLC would be able to be used in the new game. Shocking, shocking then, that that was the day 1 claim. It simply wasn't the day 1 experience... and if you want to believe it was that badly broken across the board (let's not forget it had to be patched several times to work properly and still isn't) and they didn't know it, you can. I don't.

The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    Lag issue on PS4 solved!

Backstory:
    Had the xbox 360 and PS3 versions running through separate audio and through my expensive amp. Lag practically non existent and getting high 90's 100% for most songs.

Purchased the PS4 version:
    Connected up the PS4 as suggested, ran optical through amp and I had lag. The same songs I could get 100% could not ever get 50%. anyway - followed all tweaks etc until I was getting better, lag was less but still could not 100% a single song.

Solution:
    Purchased this and ran the audio into a pair of powered Bose speakers that have no processing and just make the sounds louder.

NO NOTICLIBE LAG!

100% songs like on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Trust me people - I know that Optical is the best sound but even when you set your amp on direct - it is creating lag. This to me proves that the game is not the issue, nor is it the PS4. It's our Amps and TV's!!!!

I would not have believed it and have been here complaining for ages. Just trust me on this, buy one of these, a pair of these and be done with the whole lag nightmare on the PS4!