I know that suddenly there is a lot of hype about Pacific Fighters...its even got its own site and forum...but what about Battle of Britain...There seems to be very little anywhere about this. In fact all there seems to be is a few pictures in the weekly development updates. My impression was that BoB was going to be released this summer, but there is no info on what planes there are going to be, what missions etc. etc. Now suddenly the focus is on Pacific Fighters. I'm not complaining mind you...I could play all these games till the cows come home! My point is that if BoB is coming out first, shouldn't there be a little more focus on that before all the fuss about pacific fighters?

I know that suddenly there is a lot of hype about Pacific Fighters...its even got its own site and forum...but what about Battle of Britain...There seems to be very little anywhere about this. In fact all there seems to be is a few pictures in the weekly development updates. My impression was that BoB was going to be released this summer, but there is no info on what planes there are going to be, what missions etc. etc. Now suddenly the focus is on Pacific Fighters. I'm not complaining mind you...I could play all these games till the cows come home! My point is that if BoB is coming out first, shouldn't there be a little more focus on that before all the fuss about pacific fighters?

IMHO the main difference it the fact that PF is due to be released at the end of the year and there seems to be plenty of facts available, though many things still aren't decided or at least, they're not official, yet.

On the other hand, BoB remains a mystery to a certain degree, because we have some announcements, but there is probably not much more to report as yet, besides the screenies from the developement-updates. Please, don't forget it is more than a year, until BoB is *DUE* to be released.

greets
    Capt.LoneRanger

ELEM's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lucas_valentine:
    I know that suddenly there is a lot of hype about Pacific Fighters...its even got its own site and forum...but what about Battle of Britain...There seems to be very little anywhere about this. In fact all there seems to be is a few pictures in the weekly development updates. My impression was that BoB was going to be released this summer, but there is no info on what planes there are going to be, what missions etc. etc. Now suddenly the focus is on Pacific Fighters. I'm not complaining mind you...I could play all these games till the cows come home! My point is that if BoB is coming out first, shouldn't there be a little more focus on that before all the fuss about pacific fighters?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now where did you get the idea that BoB will be released this summer? It has been stated that its due late 2005! PF is based on the IL-2 engine and is therefore less work to create. BoB is based on an entirely new engine with far more complex models etc. Hence much more work and farther in the future. Note also, that the PF annoucement said PF was "backed by Oleg and his team". That would mean he is not directly involved with the creation of PF probably because HIS project is BoB. There is obviously not enough of BoB done to warrant it's own forum as it's not due until much later.

I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as member!

What he said.

/slush

I got the idea it was going to be released this summer from a post in 'Oleg's readyroom'. Please dont ask me which 'cos it was about a month ago and I have no idea. This particular post stated that BoB was to be released July 2004. The post said the game was already complete and that the release was being kept back because it would otherwise co-incide with AEP. If it is to be 2005, then I understand the lack of info. If so then I understand all. Still..there seem to be so many games and expansions projected for the future...not that I'm complaining...except for the money I shall have to spend

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Development for BoB has just seemingly begun and we aren't expecting that game till late in 2005. That was the initial plan that came out to us in the press release from UbiSoft and thats what I'll continue to tell people until its told to us otherwise.

Pacific Fighters is much more short term building on the established engine rather than BoB which will likely redefine the experience.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Maybe he is confusing BoB with BoE?

Im not confusing BoB with BoE but I was thinking like you that someone along the line is. Isn't BoE already out anyway?

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    Whatever - there is a lot of information to track.. release of AEP..patch for AEP .. release of BOE... patch for BOE...patch for UQMB.. announcement of BOB... Announcement of PF.. new planes for all... I love it m-kay..

So much flight time.. so much to dream on..