RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager

Track Central Guidelines - If you make tracks, you need to know this.

The need has arisen for a listing of what is and is not acceptable for posting to Track Central. What follows is a small FAQ, as well as prohibited subjects and actions that will be taken against accounts that break these rules. Please note that we reserve the right to update these guidelines at any time, and this is not an all inclusive list.

Why was my track(s) removed?

Tracks can be removed for various reasons. Often when a track is removed it is breaking a common sense rule and has explicit content or targets other users in some fashion. Likewise, profanity is not acceptable in tracks.
    It is also possible to request your tracks be removed, and if you have done so, this may be the cause of your track no longer being available.

What is considered Track Central “Spamming”?
    Uploading the same track, or multiple versions of the same track, more than 3 times or uploading a large number of tracks over the course of a 48hr period is considered spamming. Twice can be viewed as an obvious issue being fixed, three times is possible for overlooked scoring issues. More than that is viewed as intentionally pushing creations from other players out of the feeds and will not be tolerated.

What are the consequences for “spamming”?
    The consequences for infractions, including but not limited to “spamming” include a 48hr upload suspension, a one week upload suspension, a one month upload suspension, and a permanent suspension of upload privileges to Track Central. During suspensions, you will not be able to upload anything to Track Central, though downloads and leaderboards will still work.

Why were all of my tracks were removed from Track Central when I didn't have any infractions?
    If, at our discretion, we determine that an infraction is bad enough, then we can skip to full suspension for a first infraction. Do not assume that just because you have no current infractions you can accrue 3 before anything permanent is done.

What are the full guidelines for Track Central?
    For the purposes of these guidelines any skill game, FMX track, Trials track, or creation of any kind is considered a “Track”.
    The full guidelines are as follows;

• Prohibited Content:
      • Tracks that are unbeatable/require codes to allow progression.
      • Tracks with descriptions that intentionally confuse the requirements for the track.
      • Profanity of any kind, including, but not limited to track descriptions, track names, or constructs inside of the track.
      • Derogatory comments of any kind, including, but not limited to track descriptions, track names, or constructs inside of the track.
      • Sexual content in any form as decided upon by Track Central moderators.
      • Discriminatory tracks, including, but not limited to; race, sexual identification, sexual preference, religion, political affiliation & nationality.
      • Hate speech.

• Consequences of Infractions:
      • First Infraction: Track removal
      • Second Infraction: Full user track catalog removal & 7 day Track Central suspension
        • During a suspension, players are able to download tracks, but will not be able to upload tracks to Track Central

• Third Infraction: Full user track catalog removal & 30 day Track Central suspension
        • During a suspension, players are able to download tracks, but will not be able to upload tracks to Track Central

• Fourth Infraction: Full user track catalog removal & permanent Track Central suspension

Jeruhnq's Avatar Member
    Good addition/improvement.
    I hope this text will/can be include in the game, before we upload a track for exemple.

Originally Posted by Jeruhnq Go to original post
    Good addition/improvement.
    I hope this text will/can be include in the game, before we upload a track for exemple.
    Cool, and ^^this indeed, many players who play the game aren't on the forum.

^ ^ ^ YA
    Like that popup that says "Are you sure you're ready to upload the track?" or something like it. Is it in Fusion? Have the guidelines appear with that message so that pressing A/X also binds them to accepting the agreement.

Double thumbs up. Full support this.

very good!

VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    Beautiful.
    Is there a way to have an upload limit set for everyone uploading to track central?
    Say one per 48 hours or 72 hours, even better.
    I'll call it now...we will see better quality tracks...or less bad ones. When you're given one shot to upload per 3 days, I don't see people wasting that chance with pointless uploads.
    I'm all for a track upload limit...anyone agree here?

argo1mk's Avatar Member
    That's good. but this information should still be directly in central track. I think almost everyone in the forum build quality tracks so they can continue without problems. The offenders are the occasion player.
    If one can not read it is translated with google translate: D

greetings

funktastic-'s Avatar Banned
    That would be great vagas but i doubt that will ever happen as any online community that has sanctions on uploads/post and so forth usually end up a ghost town. people wont hang around a place were you cant do anything but every couple of days. The players who have to wait will venture to other games as many have done already. There has been a decrease in downloads and activity since a certain game came out and last thing we need is for people not to have anything to do in track central. Track central needs someone on board constantly and not in the form of a server or an Ai. It needs an eye not a brain on it.

I suppose we just have to remember we are playing in a world thats is mainly built up of youth so being an old fart like my self we just have to put up with it. I think that constant track builders should be rewarded somehow. I know we dont do it for that reason but somekind of reason to carry on when your spirits are dash by someone who sits in track of the week all day to just disslike new tracks to kick them off. Its a bitter taste to get so many likes to get on there and then be booted out. My record is around the 4 second mark. Or the fact people play your track with hold judgement until the right tme and then change vote or change theirs. I think things like this should be stamped out and then we might see other track builders come back or more come forward.

Thats what i think anyhow ,

I do hope that the guidleines abvoe are actually put on the download screen . whats the point in them in the first place because most of the people dont even come in the forums.

The editor has invaded my dreams , help lol

TeriXeri's Avatar Senior Member
    Can this get a sticky? tried to find it earlier and couldn't cause I thought it was a sticky already, it will drop off soon if it's not one.