Thread: [PC]Runtime Error | Forums

Runtime Error

Seems to happen every time I exit the game from the first menu, haven't tried it directly from the title screen however. It started recently and no significant changes have been made to my computer aside from a graphics card upgrade a couple of months ago, and it's only been happening for about a week or two now.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Post up your system specs.

Have you updated all your drivers?

Maybe try verifying the game cache through the Steam client.

Scan for viruses.

Various things like that.

Also if you want you can put a ticket into ubisoft support. The link is in my sig.

It closes correctly from the title screen, but the error seems to happen when I exit from the main menu.

i7 2600K
    AMD R9 290 OC (Gigabyte)
    16GB DDR3 RAM

The game is currently running on a Seagate Momentus XT drive, but has been fine since release day up until a few weeks ago.

Graphics card? Without a 256MB dedicated graphics card or better you are running under minimum specs.

If it was running fine, then you need to check your system drivers.

You can verify your game cache via the Steam Client.

You should also contact ubisoft support. The link is in my sig.

Steamroller52's Avatar Senior Member
    I've recently started getting this same Runtime error on my laptop too, when trying to exit from Score Attack. I'll try to verify the game cache and see if that helps.

It's weird, the last few times that I have played, I haven't had the error. I have updated Java in that time period so I dunno if that is what was causing it. Either way, it seems to be fine for now.

Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    Graphics card? Without a 256MB dedicated graphics card or better you are running under minimum specs.

If it was running fine, then you need to check your system drivers.

You can verify your game cache via the Steam Client.

You should also contact ubisoft support. The link is in my sig.
    Umm, I am running the game at max settings on everything that can be cranked up, my computer isn't an old rig by any stretch (heck, the i7 2600k still smashes every AMD processor on the market after 3 years).

Does your PC have a dedicated graphics card?

Is it a laptop?

Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    Does your PC have a dedicated graphics card?

Is it a laptop?
    AMD R9 290 is a dedicated graphics card. It is about on par with the Nvidia GTX 780 series
    I am assuming a desktop kind of hard to find laptops with older chips the I7 2600K is 4-5 years old with newer graphics cards the R9' s are the current Generation AMD chips.

Quick look on Newegg looks like Gigabyte only makes that card in a 4GB version so that should be fine.

Corrupt game cache?
    Drivers updated? if Drivers have been recently updated have you tried rolling them back?

Ooops, yeah I missed the AMD R9 part of the post. I guess I'm always thinking Nvidia.

At this point I think checking drivers ... at the AMD and audio chip website, not just with Windows Update.

Steamroller52's Avatar Senior Member
    Still getting these random runtime errors on my 1.5 year old HP laptop (Pavilion DV7-7030us Entertainment PC). Error occurs sporadically and only when I end a Score Attack run prematurely by hitting ESC and selecting exit song. This machine was bought new for sole purpose of playing RS, so I've kept the auto updates shutoff, and really the only updates I've done regularly are the flash player updates. I had 70 Windows updates to download/install, did that this morning and have been playing for about an hour with no errors so far.