Why does AC always have so much ULC?

I mean seriously, there are like 10 DLC items that are unique to weird mini-games and such, that many people will not even be able to get. Some of them, like the the 5-6 pieces through the UNITE program, are EXCLUSIVE TO EUROPE....WHAT IS WITH THAT?!

Meanwhile, there is the Spin to Win program, with an in-game weapon that is unique to the US, but it requires you to pre-order, of course. This is just ridiculous. These are items that everyone would like to have, but they will probably never be released for everyone. Just like Black Flag had a bunch of stupid items like this.

Why doesn't Ubisoft just release them all in a DLC later so we all have a chance at them? Now I'm (and most others are) missing out on a mission, 4 unique weapons, and an outfit. What a shame.

JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Because manies.

GreySkellig's Avatar Member
    It's pretty absurd. I've never been a radical opponent of pre-order bonuses, store-specific bonuses, and DLC, but this year I'm seeing sooo much of it. Starting to get fed up.

Originally Posted by GreySkellig Go to original post
    It's pretty absurd. I've never been a radical opponent of pre-order bonuses, store-specific bonuses, and DLC, but this year I'm seeing sooo much of it. Starting to get fed up.
    Exactly. I'm basically punished for living in the US so I miss out on "exclusive content." What a joke.

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    actually if you read the fine print of Spin to Win you can call Ubisoft to get a pre-order code for free.

Because if they don't, it's considered gambling.

I won't be bitter if EVERYTHING is released as part of the Season Pass, but for Black Flag they only released the pre-order bonuses, and not the unique timed mini-game/MacFarlane figure content.

We paid for the Season Pass, so we deserve the disc-locked content!

You guys are just starting to realise that this anti-consumer pre-order thing is a totally a profondly absurd and shamefull way to take more money than needed from your pockets ? Well, never too late.

If you think it's stupid, then just don't give it any attention, the more you ask, the more they'll give. Stop eating in their hands.

GoldenBoy9999's Avatar Senior Member
    I was waiting for someone to mention this. I'm kind of overwhelmed by all of the ULC. I've been looking everywhere trying to gather it all up so I don't miss anything.

By the way, if there isn't a thread gathering it all up in one place by release I think there should be. I have one to start it off: The Siege of Maastricht Hood. You can get it by going here http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/...xperience.aspx

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AdamPearce Go to original post
    You guys are just starting to realise that this anti-consumer pre-order thing is a totally a profondly absurd and shamefull way to take more money than needed from your pockets ? Well, never too late.

If you think it's stupid, then just don't give it any attention, the more you ask, the more they'll give. Stop eating in their hands.
    Bull****, if you don't give it any attention they'll just keep doing it like they always have. We have every reason to let them know we're frustrated with the confusing, exclusionary ULC's, and with any luck a kindly mod will pass this concern on up the Ubisoft hierarchy if it gets enough momentum.

Dag_B's Avatar Senior Member
    Why does AC always have so much ULC
    Because there are many people who are influenced by those.
    On the one hand, it's a good deal for the retailers, as a lot of people tend to preorder where they like the pack (and not necessarily where the game is cheapest or at their usual shops) on the other hand there are more than enough people that buy multiple version just to get all preorder packs. In Germany I heard a few times that people buy the Guillotine Edition for PC and the digital Special Edition on top - because there they will get the last preorder pack.
    As long as those ULCs stay such a good... selling argument, the madness will continue.

Originally Posted by TGPomy9795 Go to original post
    I mean seriously, there are like 10 DLC items that are unique to weird mini-games and such, that many people will not even be able to get. Some of them, like the the 5-6 pieces through the UNITE program, are EXCLUSIVE TO EUROPE....WHAT IS WITH THAT?!
    As GoldenBoy9999 stated, the first "exclusive" piece just gets released in the US as Comic-Con-Goodie. Grab it while you can and let's hope that the other exclusives will also somehow be published in the other countries.

Originally Posted by LoyalACFan Go to original post
    Bull****, if you don't give it any attention they'll just keep doing it like they always have. We have every reason to let them know we're frustrated with the confusing, exclusionary ULC's, and with any luck a kindly mod will pass this concern on up the Ubisoft hierarchy if it gets enough momentum.
    No, he's right. As long as the retailers get the feeling that the exclusive ULC they have sells additional copies they will order more of these. And as long as Ubisoft itself gets the feeling that those multiple preorder packs help them to get more preorders they will create more ULC and special preorder promotions.

So if you are not a fan of those that ignore them and do not preorder. Or preorder at shops that have no fancy ULC, if you must. As soon as UbiSoft will notice that the creation of ULC will not push the sales they will stop (because every ULC costs them some resources) and as soon as the retailers will notice the same they will stop paying to get exclusive preorder deals.
    And as long as preorder sales say: "It sells because ULC!" they will continue, no matter what a hand full of people in the forums will say. Forum users are always the minority, considering how many use the boards and how many people play the games. That's why feedback here tends to pass unnoticed. We are just not representative.
    "Vote with your wallet" is what gets to the companies. When the preorder numbers decrease they might reconsider their "tactics".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►