Does it really make a difference since its all nose mounted?

Does it really make a difference since its all nose mounted?

's Avatar Junior Member
    no, thats one of the reasons why i love that ship.

F19_Ob's Avatar Senior Member
    The 109e models have wingcannons and u can have pods on later marks too.

Convergence doesnt matter on the nosemounted cannons: I have tested to set it to 900m aswell as 100m and experience no difference.
    I thought there would be elevation involved for the nosecannon, but no

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually it has a bit of an effect.

The convergence on the 109 will affect how much the shells are lobbed to the target. So set it for 500 meters and they shell will be lobbed upwards so that it crosses the center of the crosshair at 500 meters.

So its still an important factor, but less of one. You'll still have all guns hitting but you still need to determine a critical range for you to do it at.

RAF No 92 Squadron
    "Either fight or die"

F19_Ob's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
    Actually it has a bit of an effect.

The convergence on the 109 will affect how much the shells are lobbed to the target. So set it for 500 meters and they shell will be lobbed upwards so that it crosses the center of the crosshair at 500 meters.

So its still an important factor, but less of one. You'll still have all guns hitting but you still need to determine a critical range for you to do it at.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
    RAF No 92 Squadron
    "Either fight or die"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hm....I didnt notice that....perhaps i must try it again.

thnx for keeping me on the edge VW-IceFire

only has effect on MG. I got it set for 200m across the board, no matter what plane it is

V!
    Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/vfc/home.htm

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.