1. #1

    How is the story going to work in AC Unity?

    Are the four characters we see in the trailer going to be the main characters? Will the other three still be around if playing single player? If so how will they be integrated in without others playing them and will we be missing any story content if not playing with others? This is the first AC where I don't really know who the main character is or how things are going to work.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,573
    Technically there are no other characters, those characters are your friends who are playing as Arno, who you see with all their gear but with a different face.

    The main character and the only assassin character is Arno. The others are just part of the brotherhood. Everyone plays as Arno on their screen though while you see a random face rather than Arno's.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Sesheenku Go to original post
    Technically there are no other characters, those characters are your friends who are playing as Arno, who you see with all their gear but with a different face.
    Ah that makes a lot of sense. I was worried is was going to be along the lines of Dead Space 3 with it's co-op, having a main character as the co-op partner and if you don't play co-op you miss out on dialogue and content. Glad to know this isn't the case! Will it be addressed at all as to why it's four of you taking on missions, not just one?
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,573
    Originally Posted by CurlicuedStorm5 Go to original post
    Ah that makes a lot of sense. I was worried is was going to be along the lines of Dead Space 3 with it's co-op, having a main character as the co-op partner and if you don't play co-op you miss out on dialogue and content. Glad to know this isn't the case! Will it be addressed at all as to why it's four of you taking on missions, not just one?
    Those missions are separate from the main storyline and are by no means required.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Sesheenku Go to original post
    Those missions are separate from the main storyline and are by no means required.
    You talking about AC: U or Dead Space 3? :P
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Legendz54's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,673
    Originally Posted by CurlicuedStorm5 Go to original post
    Are the four characters we see in the trailer going to be the main characters? Will the other three still be around if playing single player? If so how will they be integrated in without others playing them and will we be missing any story content if not playing with others? This is the first AC where I don't really know who the main character is or how things are going to work.
    OK.. Arno is the main character.. They just showed 4 in the cgi trailer to showcase the Co op in Unity. When you join your other 3 friends you see yourself as Arno and you see the other 3 players as what they have customised their robes as and a changed face.. so everyone sees themselves as Arno but look different to the other players. The Co op is separate brotherhood side missions that you can play.. if you dont have friends you can do it alone just by yourself... after you finish the the missions you will be transported back to the city and you will be able to free roam and have fun with your friends at will.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Mani60Cent12 Go to original post
    OK.. Arno is the main character.. They just showed 4 in the cgi trailer to showcase the Co op in Unity. When you join your other 3 friends you see yourself as Arno and you see the other 3 players as what they have customised their robes as and a changed face.. so everyone sees themselves as Arno but look different to the other players. The Co op is separate brotherhood side missions that you can play.. if you dont have friends you can do it alone just by yourself... after you finish the the missions you will be transported back to the city and you will be able to free roam and have fun with your friends at will.
    Oh that's neat! Will there still be there normal multiplayer? Do we have any information on the single player campaign apart from it being set during the French Revolution?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Legendz54's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,673
    Originally Posted by CurlicuedStorm5 Go to original post
    Oh that's neat! Will there still be there normal multiplayer? Do we have any information on the single player campaign apart from it being set during the French Revolution?
    The map is 3x larger than all the landmasses of AC4 and is the biggest city they have built
    We play as Arno Dorian is an orphaned for a while after something happens

    No there will not be original multiplayer.. But all the side content and free roam you can do with your co op buddies easily makes up for it. In the Co op there will be difficulty levels and the brotherhood missions will get more challenging for you and your friends to complete.

    Combat, Parkour and basically everything has been revamped.

    You can unlock skill points to upgrade your assassin to suit your play style and there are also a lot of weapon and clothing choices all of your upgrades carry on to the free roam co op so you can show off all your new gear and robes to your friends.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    JustPlainQuirky's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14,487
    Mani don't change your set until Comet is revealed.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Dag_B's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    519
    No the competitive multiplayer will not be part of Unity. They said that they might add it next year per DLC though.
    Share this post