Thread: Heart of Nightmares scenario will not unlock. Requesting assistance. | Forums

Heart of Nightmares scenario will not unlock. Requesting assistance.

Alright, so I purchased Heroes 6 back when it first came out. This was long before any "Gold" or "Complete" editions, there was only one edition then. Since then, I've purchased every expansion, add-on, and DLC for the game, yet the "Heart of Nightmares" map is grayed out in my Scenarios list. It tells me I have to unlock it, I click to so, and I get a "Server Error" from the UbiSoft Store. Searching the store yields no results for the map. Since I've got every single expansion and DLC for the game, I should have access to this map.

Also, please note, I've successfully used every activation key that has ever been sent to me. So before anyone from Ubi starts telling me that they "can't help with lost keys", let me clarify .... It wasn't lost. It was never received, YOU never sent it to me. I refuse to buy an entire edition of a game I already have just for one map, so can someone help me out here? Is there a way to get an activation key re-sent to you for content you've purchased? Or - at the very least - is there anywhere that I can go to purchase this map individually?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi and welcome to the forums, Heart of Nightmares is for Duel of Champions.

Please have a read here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post9891486

So, if I understand your link correctly, Duel of Champions appears to be some DLC for Might and Magic X? So, if I purchase that DLC I will get access to this map for Heroes VI?

Please Note: "Cecil_Harvey_83" is also me That's just my PSN handle.

EDIT: Scratch that: I just looked further into it, and I think you're misunderstanding me. Yes, "Heart of Nightmares" is the name an expansion for Duel of Champions. But it is also the name of a Scenario Map for Heroes VI ... one that I don't (and apparently never will) have access to, even though I've purchased every single piece of DLC that Heroes VI has to offer ... But it seems like I'm getting screwed out of it, because I bought the game before it had any editions, so my only choice now is to pay full price for all the content I already have, just to get an activation code that will open up this one scenario map ... and I'm just not doing that. Terrible oversight, by the way ... but unfortunately "terrible oversight" is becoming more and more common within the ranks of UbiSoft

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    I suggest contacting Technical Support https://support.ubi.com/

Originally Posted by Cecil_Harvey_83 Go to original post
    Alright, so I purchased Heroes 6 back when it first came out. This was long before any "Gold" or "Complete" editions, there was only one edition then. Since then, I've purchased every expansion, add-on, and DLC for the game, yet the "Heart of Nightmares" map is grayed out in my Scenarios list. It tells me I have to unlock it, I click to so, and I get a "Server Error" from the UbiSoft Store. Searching the store yields no results for the map. Since I've got every single expansion and DLC for the game, I should have access to this map.

Also, please note, I've successfully used every activation key that has ever been sent to me. So before anyone from Ubi starts telling me that they "can't help with lost keys", let me clarify .... It wasn't lost. It was never received, YOU never sent it to me. I refuse to buy an entire edition of a game I already have just for one map, so can someone help me out here? Is there a way to get an activation key re-sent to you for content you've purchased? Or - at the very least - is there anywhere that I can go to purchase this map individually?
    If I remember correctly the "Heart of Nightmares" scenario was a pre-order bonus. If so and you purchased the game after release then I guess you would not recieve a key for it. Regardless I do agree that an option to buy just the bonus content would be nice.

Scenario Map inactive

Looks to be also my case.
    Did you solve it? How?

Regards,
    Valentin

In my case I bought the Humble Bundle that consist of the Gold Edition and the Shade of Darkness Edition. I unlocked all rewards for this game and have all DLC. Except the Heart of Nightmares map is greyed out. The purchase option point me to a 404 error. I can't find any activation key just for the Heart of Nightmares map. How can I obtain the extra's from the complete edition without buying the whole complete edition?