Thread: Steam Mac version now available! | Forums

foolycoolly's Avatar Junior Member
    There's a bug in mac version (russian) - it's impossible to type answers to chest riddles (and things like that), because you basically can't type cyrillic characters in the game - nothing happens. Only english letters available, but english answers, obviously, doesn't work.

Mac version - non-Steam

Hello, is there any hope for a Mac version other than the Steam one? I bought the boxed Deluxe edition and I'd like to play it on my Mac too, since my PC has some technical/performance difficulties with MMX.
    Great game btw!

Mac Users - avoid this game

Lot of people are having trouble loading dungeons, myself included. Further, there is no hope for tech support because the game is not listed under Mac in their support website. If you intend to only play this on Mac, wait until it's fixed. It's a shame, I enjoyed the little bit I was able to play...

Bugs saving games or entering areas.

I bought this game over the weekend and played it mostly error free except for a few minor graphic issues but now I can't even enter areas with the space bar without the game hanging up. This is a great game but the bugs need to be cleaned up.

bugs

Running Legacy X on an iMac - fairly recent, OS 10.9.

Noticing the following bugs: they have become INTENSE in Act 2.

1) sound periodically cuts out - except for a few effects.
    2) sometimes the game won't save - thought maybe there was a # of saves limit but I don't think that's it as deleting older saves didn't fix it
    3) worst of all: spinning beach ball of death upon entering some dungeons/areas, requiring force quit; or hitting space to enter some areas doesn't work?

Very bizarre.

I was loving this game in Act 1, but now Act 2 outside Seahaven is getting REALLY frustrating with all these bugs.

Originally Posted by StevenMizrach Go to original post
    Running Legacy X on an iMac - fairly recent, OS 10.9.

Noticing the following bugs: they have become INTENSE in Act 2.

1) sound periodically cuts out - except for a few effects.
    2) sometimes the game won't save - thought maybe there was a # of saves limit but I don't think that's it as deleting older saves didn't fix it
    3) worst of all: spinning beach ball of death upon entering some dungeons/areas, requiring force quit; or hitting space to enter some areas doesn't work?

Very bizarre.

I was loving this game in Act 1, but now Act 2 outside Seahaven is getting REALLY frustrating with all these bugs.
    I'm getting the spinning beach ball of death usually when the game is making an automatic save when you are hitting space bar to enter a new area. I've had to restart the game from scratch and just had my first crash of the day. This is a flawed game is you can't rely on your saved games to remain uncorrupted. I think I will put it on hold until a patch comes out.

Edit: For those of you having frequent bugs/crashes there is a thread on the steam website that suggests finding the MMX app on your hard drive. Then selecting by right clicking on it and selecting "get info". Then selecting the app to run in 32 bit mode. I did this yesterday and can report flawless execution so far. This is through the first part of the elemental forge.

Crashing in Den of Thieves

Game consistently hangs computer entering Den of Thieves. Hard Boot required.
    Downloaded 4/29/14 today is 5/1/14 Just started really. imac with 16GB memory OSX 10.9.2
    3.2 GHz Core i3

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi guys, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    Hi guys, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    Wish I could open a ticket, but MMX is not listed under the Mac platform games list.

****NOTE****

I was able to solve my infinite loading problem by finding the MMX .app file -> Get Info -> check "Open in 32-bit mode"

Hope this helps other Mac users!

Originally Posted by wisen79 Go to original post
    Wish I could open a ticket, but MMX is not listed under the Mac platform games list.

****NOTE****

I was able to solve my infinite loading problem by finding the MMX .app file -> Get Info -> check "Open in 32-bit mode"

Hope this helps other Mac users!
    I second that, this fixes all of the crash issues that I was having. There are still some hiccups with the game but at least it is playable now.