Thread: Steam Mac version now available! | Forums

Steam Mac version now available!

Hello adventurers!

Today we are pleased to announce you the official release of Might & Magic X – Legacy on Steam for Mac!
    Since one piece of good news deserves another, the DLC “The Falcon & The Unicorn” will be automatically unlocked for all mac players!

We would like to apologize for the delay of this version and thank you for your amazing support on this title!

Enjoy your time in the Agyn Peninsula,
    Your MMX Team.

Is the Mac version downloaded from Steam still incomplete (@ 26.8MB)? Launching it results in a "missing executable" (Steam) error. Perhaps it is looking for the Mac UPlay client? I cannot find the Mac UPlay client on the UPlay web site, DOES IT EXIST?

Another Red Herring

I can also confirm that it is still not available.

It is currently only downloading the 27mb soundtrack folder. I've restarted Steam, restarted my computer, etc, etc.

Gotta say, not terribly impressed so far with the Mac support. It was supposed to be day and date with PC, then on launch day we receive word that there will be a delay. After hearing nothing for a while, we got a release day same as the DLC, only to have it hit Steam and quickly get pulled. Now another false start. I don't mind delays, I can understand that problems arise... I just wish we could get a straight story here. So far, every single mention of the Mac release has turned out to be untrue in the end.

Originally Posted by dv8godd Go to original post
    I can also confirm that it is still not available.

It is currently only downloading the 27mb soundtrack folder. I've restarted Steam, restarted my computer, etc, etc.

Gotta say, not terribly impressed so far with the Mac support. It was supposed to be day and date with PC, then on launch day we receive word that there will be a delay. After hearing nothing for a while, we got a release day same as the DLC, only to have it hit Steam and quickly get pulled. Now another false start. I don't mind delays, I can understand that problems arise... I just wish we could get a straight story here. So far, every single mention of the Mac release has turned out to be untrue in the end.
    +1,000,000

WTF Ubisoft

Hello guys,
    could you please try to re-download the game and let me know if it working now?
    It seems that Early Access buyers had authorizations issues on Mac Steam.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Nox Go to original post
    Hello guys,
    could you please try to re-download the game and let me know if it working now?
    It seems that Early Access buyers had authorizations issues on Mac Steam.
    It is now downloading for me.

Though I will say, authorization issues being the cause seems odd since I'd previously downloaded the broken release last month and played it for a few hours until it stopped working, and it has always been able to download the soundtrack folder. But then, I don't develop games for delivery on Steam.

Either way, thank you for addressing this. I'm hoping that the crossed wires and mixed signals are finally behind us.

Spoke Too Soon

Started up... loaded my previous save from the last Mac release... game freezes. Loaded an earlier save, walked to the same location... game freezes. Same issue I had with the previous release that was pulled.

Are we supposed to believe the save game format changed and we need to start over? Is there any reason to believe it won't happen all over again?

Back to being underwhelmed.

How can you have existing saves when the Mac version was released just now?

If that's some pre-1.3.1 save then if you lurked the forum and saw various stickied threads about save corruptions issues you should be aware those save states caused huge problems for most players and that it was better for everyone to do a fresh install and start anew.

If you really want to keep the save, I guess you need to resolve this with the support (see for example here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...rruption-issue).

I don't think they will change the save format again now that the game is officially released, though.

Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender Go to original post
    How can you have existing saves when the Mac version was released just now?
    As I mentioned in a previous comment, the game was actually released previously for Mac on the same day as the DLC... it was simply pulled after a few hours. The save is from that executable which they removed, presumably because it was buggy. The freeze I experienced on that version is the same freeze I experience in this one.

If that's some pre-1.3.1 save then if you lurked the forum and saw various stickied threads about save corruptions issues you should be aware those save states caused huge problems for most players and that it was better for everyone to do a fresh install and start anew.
    I'm unsure as to what the version number was of the executable that was released for Mac on the day of the DLC release.

Specifically, the freeze I have is reproducible at a specific location in the map and can be effected by settings changes to graphics options. It's not an fps drop, it's a straight up freeze on load at or walking to location with high textures or greater enabled (at least as best I can diagnose at the moment). While the save may indeed be subject to some kind of corruption you mention, the problem I'm experiencing specifically does not seem due to the save file as freezing at the location depends on game options settings. Additionally, no other freezes have occurred for me at my preferred graphic settings up to this specific location in the map. It's like I have to play at "medium" textures or lower at one spot in the map, and can play at "very high" everywhere else.

If you really want to keep the save, I guess you need to resolve this with the support (see for example here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...rruption-issue).
    Thanks. I have been in contact with Ubi via Twitter since earlier this morning. Support would probably be a better place to handle it, but whoever has been running the Twitter account has been fairly responsive on the issue so far. I'll take the help where it comes.

I don't think they will change the save format again now that the game is officially released, though.
    Nor do I... I was actually trying to be a bit tongue-in-cheek in my comment there since that's an increasingly frequent developer "go to / fix all" suggestion when big updates happen. Starting over can be terribly frustrating in games as long as modern RPGs. I'm not opposed to starting over, per se, more to starting over if the problem is indeed not save-game related, as it doesn't currently seem to be.

For me, the MMX Legacy Steam version for the Mac became unresponsive when I tried to enter Den of Thieves. Up until that point I had no problems. Force Quit, and I was able to enter using Continue from the Menu. Saved my game when I got to the second level of the Den of Thieves, and shut down. Restarted later, and was attempting to leave the dungeon to trade off the excess of inventory I had, but although I could walk around on level 2, it wouldn't let me go back to level 1, save the game, or even exit. Force Quit again, used Continue on the game menu again, and the game did appear to work fine after that restart.

I've read that some people have mentioned that their difficulties were due to graphics settings. I haven't changed from the default settings, but I'm not sure which settings I would troubleshoot, even if I had to. Using a Mid-2011 27-inch iMac, 16GB ram, 3.4GHz I7 processor, and AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB graphics card, running OS X 10.9.2.