psycad's Avatar Member

Slow motion when receiving uplay/skype messages

Playing in windowed mode (1600x900) and receiving a message on Uplay (not minimized) will cause the game to slow down. The same thing also happens sometimes when I receive Skype messages or a new Steam message. This also happens to me on Trials Evolution Gold Edition but to a lesser degree.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one suffering from this issue.

>> DxDiag.txt <<

Having 8GB of ram instead of 4 would probably help but still, I feel it's an issue that should be looked into.

Zzzlol94's Avatar Member
    This is a problem that occurs with a lot of games, not only Trials. It's either tied to Windows or DirectX (resource management and prioritizing and stuff I guess) but either way, it's probably not easy or even possible (or maybe ridiculously easy case-to-case) to fix it for windowed. Running the game in fullscreen will fix it though.

sebastianaalton's Avatar Trials Developer
    This is a generic problem with many Windows applications that display popups that are displayed over all other applications. If this problem bothers you while you are gaming (Trials Fusion or any other GPU heavy game), you should disable to pop-up notifications of these programs, and the problem should go away.