Thread: MM6-8 learning curve exp mod for Might and Magic X.: Legacy | Forums

Originally Posted by jsebela Go to original post
    Description:

What mod does:
    This mod intruduces MM6-8 style of leveling

this mod changes following files:

*ExpTableStaticData.csv* - new experience table, max. level cap is now 75.

*MonsterStaticData.csv* - normal monster exp rewards are multiplied by 10x. Bosses have their exp. multiplied by 20-25x. After game monster have exp multiplied by 20-30x. To balance this changes at least a little, all monsters (with exception of alienware) have additional 30-50% of health.

*Queststeps.csv* - all experience rewards are multiplied by 15. Identified Thunderblades helmet is now included as reward for Lighthouse quest. Dagger relic is once again received by the end of first part Jassads Bestiary quest.

*config.txt* - max. level is now set to 75, att. points/level is now set to 5, and healthpermight and manaperspirit are now set to 1 again, as was done during Early Access. This is done so more powerful and expensive mana potions can be put to practical use.

Side effect: relics gain experience very quickly.

Instalation:
    ============
    Just extract files into your game instalation directory. Then run the game and START NEW GAME, this mod wont work with old gamesaves.

YOU ARE INSTALLING THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE MODDER IS GIVING UP ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR GAME FILES OR COMPUTER CAUSED BY THIS MOD.

Uninstalation:
    ==============
    just delete above mentioned files and let Uplay check game instalation files and redownload official ones.
    I think it might be better to simply rename the above files, for instance, rename ExpTableStaticData.csv to ExpTableStaticDataOLD.csv and the game will ignore the file as if it is not present. When and if the player decides to return to the default game settings, there is no need to re-download anything, just rename the mod version of the file to ExpTableStaticDataMOD.csv and rename the original file from ExpTableStaticDataOLD.csv to ExpTableStaticData.csv, and you're done! (Have to do that with all the above files, of course.) That way the player can switch back and forth between your mod and the normal game without having to download anything else apart from downloading your mod the first time... Just a thought....

I have a question about what you're doing, though. What is the net effect of these changes, aside from the relics leveling up "very quickly", which I assume means more quickly than in the standard game? Is it that players simply level up much faster and reach a higher max level, making monsters much easier to beat? The mod looks interesting, just trying to get a better handle on exactly what the net effect of it will be on the game play! Thanks!

jsebela's Avatar Member
    Well, the net effect is as following:
    1.)At the begining levels (up to 10) you gain exp quickly, with time, it slows downs, the learning curve is much more gentle than in standard game.
    2.)Max level is half way higher - up to level 75. Before entering Tomb of Thousand (T)Errors (end of act 3), I am at level 47...
    3.)Player gets more att points per level and any points spent on Might and Magic also add some amount points to mana and health pools.
    4.)Consequences of points 2.) and 3.) are that player gets much more points in attributes and mana/health pools which will make game easier thus I recommend to play on hard and Ive increased health of nearly all monsters. Also higher quality potions wont be useless crap which you only sell - you will now be able to really use them due to bigger mana/health pools

1.)At the begining levels (up to 10) you gain exp quickly, with time, it slows downs, the learning curve is much more gentle than in standard game.
    2.)Max level is half way higher - up to level 75. Before entering Tomb of Thousand (T)Errors (end of act 3), I am at level 47...
    3.)Player gets more att points per level and any points spent on Might and Magic also add same amount points to mana and health pools.
    4.)Consequences of points 2.) and 3.) are that player gets much more points in attributes and mana/health pools which will make game easier thus I recommend to play on hard and Ive increased health of nearly all monsters. Also higher quality potions wont useless crap which you only sell - you will now be able to really use them due to bigger mana/health pools
    Cool! I shall have to try it! Good job!

jsebela's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by patpierson Go to original post
    Please forgive me if I am bugging you. I tried to post this before and it did not show up.

Anyway, could you please update this? Or does it not need it? I ask because I believe several dungeons have ben released since you did it and I therefore assume it no longer works right-and I love it.

Thank you for your consideration.
    This MOD is made with latest update in mind. Ive made it from patch 1.5 files.

jsebela's Avatar Member
    I think Ill try to look into some simple bugs too, and try to apply fixes to my mod, but cant promise anything. Any help would be welcomed.

EDIT: I have add fixes for master level training in Seahaven (Masters Luce and Gregor). Also I have add slightly rebalnced characterclass file.

Links can be found in first post of this thread.

SparkySolmyr's Avatar Junior Member

MM-way

3.)Player gets more att points per level and any points spent on Might and Magic also add some amount points to mana and health pools.
    4.)Consequences of points 2.) and 3.) are that player gets much more points in attributes and mana/health pools which will make game easier thus I recommend to play on hard and Ive increased health of nearly all monsters. Also higher quality potions wont be useless crap which you only sell - you will now be able to really use them due to bigger mana/health pools
    This is what I was expecting from the game. It should go to the official patch.

jsebela's Avatar Member
    Thank you for the compliment. Please report any errors.

dale533's Avatar Senior Member
    I am enjoying your mod a lot. Using it on a second play -- with an all magic party.

I did just run into a very scary bug -- not your fault though. I had done a restart for computer system upgrades. When I started game again, Uplay had somehow been set to offline (which seems to be the root of my previously reported problems in another thread). When I started up, I had to tell it where my game files were. It decided they were corrupted and did something that was too quick to tell what it did. BUT, then when I loaded the actual game I got a screen that was the raw template for looking at inventory or what ever, with some sort of default avator for all characters. I could do nothing other that use task manager to exit the game.

After a bit of digging around, I discovered that your staticdata files had been replaced by the original. Copied your files back into the main directory, and now everything seems fine.

WHEW!

Hope this explanation helps anyone else who might run into the same situation, and save them a little research time.

Don't worry, it is not a bug - all heroes have predefined skills and max training levels that get copied to your actual game the first time you save it. If you play with different CharacterClassStaticData.csv file (you have changed the skills for some class) the game crashes. The skills per hero and the max training level have to be exactly the same in the savegame and in the CharacterClassStaticData.csv file.

jsebela's Avatar Member
    Just bumbing theread a little, so people can enjoy it without searching