Thread: MM6-8 learning curve exp mod for Might and Magic X.: Legacy | Forums

jsebela's Avatar Member

MM6-8 learning curve exp mod for Might and Magic X.: Legacy

Experience curve mod for Might and Magic X.: Legacy
    ================================================== ===============================================
    Description:
    ============

This mod reintroduces learning and experience curve of Might and Magic VI.-VIII. games.
    This mod should be played on warrior difficulty, as on normal it would make game too easy.

What mod does:
    This mod intruduces MM6-8 style of leveling

this mod changes following files:

*Localisation folder* - repaired bugs where Masters Luce and Gregor in Seahaven trained to "expert" level (affected were localizations: br, cn, cz, de, es, fr, hu, it, jp, pl, ro, ru)

*CharacterClassStaticData.csv* - rebalancing of classes

*ExpTableStaticData.csv* - new experience table, max. level cap is now 75. This curve requires multiplication of current experience points by at least 10-times.

*MonsterStaticData.csv* - normal monster exp rewards are multiplied by 10x. Bosses have their exp. multiplied by 20-25x. After game monster have exp multiplied by 20-30x. To balance this changes at least a little, all monsters (with exception of alienware) have additional 30-50% of health.

*Queststeps.csv* - all experience rewards are multiplied by 15. Identified Thunderblades helmet is now included as reward for Lighthouse quest. Dagger relic is once again received by the end of first part Jassads Bestiary quest.

*config.txt* - max. level is now set to 75, att. points/level is now set to 5, and healthpermight and manaperspirit are now set to 1 again, as was done during Early Access. This is done so more powerful and expensive mana potions can be put to practical use.

Side effect: relics gain experience levels very quickly.

Instalation:
    ============
    Just extract files into your game instalation directory. Then run the game and START NEW GAME, this mod won´t work with old gamesaves.

YOU ARE INSTALLING THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE MODDER IS GIVING UP ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR GAME FILES OR COMPUTER CAUSED BY THIS MOD.

Uninstalation:
    ==============
    just delete above mentioned files and let Uplay check game instalation files and redownload official ones.

Versions:
    =========
    This mod is created for version of MMX 1.5
    version of mod 0.2

Modder´s notes:
    ==============
    Please report any found errors to following e-mail adress robin.seina@gmail.com
    Also please note, that this modification is intended for free distribution only. If you paid any money, demand them back!
    All files (even though modified) still belong to Ubisoft company.

Changelog:
    ========
    0.1 basic version of mod
    0.2 added bugfixes for Seahaven Master level trainers Luce and Gregor; added rebalanced character class file.

Links:
    =====
    Version 0.1

This mod can be downloaded from: http://uloz.to/xLtWpVu2/mm6-8-exp-cu...c-x-legacy-rar
    mirror site: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5d..._X_Legacy_.rar

Version 0.2
    mirror 1:https://mega.nz/#!AIZ1xCIS!JU8cdrUS9...dLOSMPkA8bNDGM
    mirror 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww...e+MOD+v0.2.rar

pvaliunas1's Avatar Member

Can you mod the mod so that it and the original game can exist side by side? That is, so that it could be accessed through the mods menu in extras, and not exclusively replace the entire original game? The mod sounds very interesting and I would like to try it, but not without the option of just being able to switch back and forth ...

jsebela's Avatar Member
    Well, I don´t know, as I haven´t tried it yet. The requirement of Unity Pro is acting as quite effective repellant.

EDIT: But I don´t think it will be possible, as developers several times mentioned that mods created with Unity editor can´t be inserted into full game. So no special houses ala Skyrim. The intent is for mods to work as standalone game within MMX (unity) engine, like the mods in Legend of Grimrock do.

My mod is essentialy hack of game´s database.

Can't get file to d\l at all. Hard to figure out, buttons won't translate. I think I am hitting correct button but when I type in text to verify user I think it keeps telling me this is incorrect ...

Cannot download from this site. Can you make this file available some other way?

jsebela's Avatar Member
    I have added mirror on rapishare.
    Also this mod has one unintended consequence - all relics get their target experience real quick, so enjoy this bonus.

Thank you so much. BTW - can you post a link; I have no idea what rapishare is.

jsebela's Avatar Member
    link is in first post

Didn't look there. Thanks; I've been looking forward to this.

Excecllent Mod

Enjoyed your mod very much. Did make one change, I put the attribute points back to normal and this makes the whole game tougher. I just finished returning ingredients back to the necromancer in the Craig. I am at level 36 for all my players and expect to get to around maybe 42 at finish. I am playing an all hybrid party. Glorious fun and challenge. Thank you for this mod.