Failed to start game (missing executable).[SOLVED]

Getting this error when I try to launch the beta off Steam. Happens also if I launch through UPlay (which redirects to Steam anyways). I've also tried verifying the cache integrity and reinstalling, no luck so far. Also noticing that the Steam popup says the game is going to take 5+ GB of space to install, but the folder itself is only 233 MB, but I figure that could be a beta thing.

The install folder seems rather barren too. I feel like it's not installing properly, or something.

Any ideas?

Your suspicion that Steam might be interfering is probably a good hunch. As far as I know, Trials Fusion isn't offered on Steam at all, unlike Trials Gold, so Steam should not be involved

You might try ensuring that Steam is not interfering by running only the Uplay client, with Steam off. If I read your post correctly it sounds like maybe you can't run Uplay without Steam. If so, maybe try re-downloading Uplay and ensuring that it runs alone, with no connection to Steam.

Originally Posted by DrHaphazard Go to original post
    Your suspicion that Steam might be interfering is probably a good hunch. As far as I know, Trials Fusion isn't offered on Steam at all, unlike Trials Gold, so Steam should not be involved

You might try ensuring that Steam is not interfering by running only the Uplay client, with Steam off. If I read your post correctly it sounds like maybe you can't run Uplay without Steam. If so, maybe try re-downloading Uplay and ensuring that it runs alone, with no connection to Steam.
    It is offered on Steam, actually. It was featured on their frontpage for pre-purchase and beta access, which is how I found out about the beta in the first place. I purchased it on Steam, and had that error, so I tried entering the game-key I was given on UPlay. I activated the Beta on UPlay fine, but when I hit play on UPlay, it opens Steam regardless.

I have the same issue, for the sake of being counted.

same

I have this problem too

Same here

Same problem here. The installation seems to be too small, and Steam complains that the executable is missing.

RetiredRonin's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Hello all, we've worked with Steam and this issue should now be resolved. Please try to install Trials Fusion PC Beta again, and let us know if you encounter any issues.

Originally Posted by RoguishRonin Go to original post
    Hello all, we've worked with Steam and this issue should now be resolved. Please try to install Trials Fusion PC Beta again, and let us know if you encounter any issues.
    Indeed, the files automatically started downloading when I loaded up Steam this afternoon. I'm now in the game. Thanks Roguish!

I just purchased on Steam a few hours ago. When I try to launch, all seems fine - I can see the Uplay login pop up then the screen goes dark and nothing else happens. The only way out (tried ALT+TAB, ESC, ALT+ENTER) is CTRL+ALT+DEL. Then I see an error message that says trials_fusion.exe has stopped working and in task manager trials_fusion.exe says Not Responding.

I've also tried running the executable "as administrator" but get the same error. I even disabled my firewall just in case that was the issue but no luck.

Any assistance is appreciated.

**UPDATE**
    I just found the minimum requirements and it looks like my nVidia GTS240 doesn't make the grade. Just ordered an upgraded video card. Hope that solves my issue. I really want to check out Trials Fusion.

Xhane's Avatar Player Experience Manager
    Great! Keep us posted if it works!