Meetup at Day 1000 (or around that day)?

Guys, what happened to our old plan of meeting up and celebrating the final day(s) of our beloved game? It's going to be March 2nd/3rd. I might be able to come to the West Coast as GDC is going on two weeks later.

Another possibility would be setting up two or three meetup places (eg. East Coast, West Coast, London) and then doing some Skyping.

What do you think? Let's exchange ideas!

Re: Meetup at Day 1000 (or around that day)?

I'll probably be in London but always up for a skype

Sounds good, Alvy! I don't want to sound *****y here but I don't really get why no one else is interested. Okay, the forum here is almost dead. Still, 75 views. What's up, people?

I didn´t really play since Day 500 so I don´t think I´d qualify for the meetup... Plus I don´t have the money for a spontaneous trip to London at the moment

I'm game. With some help I -may- be able to make a Euro trip, but I suspect many of those in the states can't or are no longer filled with the same enthusiasm. (I myself find it hard just to compete some days at this point...) I think what we need is some more discussion of details in the forums, to bring people out of hiding.

I'm currently in the US midwest, but I can fairly easily get to anywhere in the States (and as I said I am also willing to cross the Pond) so long as there are some Heroz who have couches I could use. Any takers?

I hope to see at least some of you during the final week(s)...I suspect the final 10 days will be brutal.

Originally Posted by eisegete
    I'm game. With some help I -may- be able to make a Euro trip, but I suspect many of those in the states can't or are no longer filled with the same enthusiasm. myself find it hard just to compete some days at this point...) I think what we need is some more discussion of details in the forums, to bring people out of hiding.

I'm currently in the US midwest, but I can fairly easily get to anywhere in the States (and as I said I am also willing to cross the Pond) so long as there are some Heroz who have couches I could use. Any takers?

I hope to see at least some of you during the final week(s)...I suspect the final 10 days will be brutal.
    If you travel to Germany sometime you can stay at my place anytime...

Nytmair's Avatar Senior Member

Finances will most likely keep me home on day 1000.

Hi Eis,

I see what you're getting at, and I totally understand when someone can't afford to travel. But a game that you play for such a long time.. don't you want to celebrate it with those you have played with for hundreds of days?

If you want to do a trip to Europe, you can stay at my place (Vienna) anytime. You could leave TOS and join Team AT! (just kidding

Also, aren't you an academic researcher? In what field? Maybe we can hook something up in terms of university exchange thingies.

Originally Posted by Kressenstein
    Hi Eis,

You could leave TOS and join Team AT! (just kidding
    BAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh that was a good one!!

I definitely won't be able to attend. My son should be about a week old at that time

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►