1. #1

    AC4 PC bad stutter

    Before I start I know this game is horribly optimized so don't just say "bad optimization". So the problem is I have a constant 60 fps in this game all until I look at any tree or grass, when the camera is on any sort of leaves it seems, it starts stuttering like crazy. Is there any way to fix this?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    YazX_'s Avatar AC Volunteer MOD
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,218
    are you using SLI? and no i wont tell you to turn it off.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by YAZ_H Go to original post
    are you using SLI? and no i wont tell you to turn it off.
    No I am not using SLI I just have 1 GTX 780 SC.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    you obviously have a problem somewhere , as that game is known to be low ressource demanding . do you have latest graphic drivers
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by jpm01 Go to original post
    you obviously have a problem somewhere , as that game is known to be low ressource demanding . do you have latest graphic drivers
    I do have the latest drivers installed and I reinstalled all the graphics drivers yesterday. The problem isn't really that bad but it jumps back and forth from 60 fps to around 50-40 fps randomly.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    YazX_'s Avatar AC Volunteer MOD
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,218
    wait, FPS drops or stuttering, both are totally different!

    i have stuttering problem on SLI, anyway, i narrowed it down to Godrays and Physx, setting both to low will eliminate the stuttering, try it out.

    and for FPS drops, this is a very known thing in AC games, its poorly optimized for PC, so you will see FPS drops here and there and sometimes its massive, so if you are talking about FPS drops, then forget it and play normally, everyone suffers from it.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    playlisting's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    787
    Do you have PhysX enabled?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by YAZ_H Go to original post
    wait, FPS drops or stuttering, both are totally different!

    i have stuttering problem on SLI, anyway, i narrowed it down to Godrays and Physx, setting both to low will eliminate the stuttering, try it out.

    and for FPS drops, this is a very known thing in AC games, its poorly optimized for PC, so you will see FPS drops here and there and sometimes its massive, so if you are talking about FPS drops, then forget it and play normally, everyone suffers from it.
    It might be fps drops but it feels like stuttering because it goes up and down from 60 to around 40 randomly.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by playlisting Go to original post
    Do you have PhysX enabled?
    No I have everything maxed out except for AA and Physx which are both off.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    playlisting's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    787
    Originally Posted by mcstrosin Go to original post
    No I have everything maxed out except for AA and Physx which are both off.
    Try changing god rays from high to low. I think a few people have been having issues with it set to high.
    Share this post