Thread: I hope Zack Cooper is our Splinter Cell 7 Community Developer | Forums

KevinPDZ0916's Avatar Banned

I hope Zack Cooper is our Splinter Cell 7 Community Developer

Ubisoft,

Zack Cooper (a.k.a. UbiZack) has been an excellent Community Developer. This man has helped rekindle the fire for the Splinter Cell franchise. Without him as the middle man between us, fans, and the developers on Blacklist, no reassurance would have been possible when all the negative heat hit the fan from E3 2012's Blacklist reveal demo.

We all loved Zack Cooper's ComDev videos to get us exclusive looks into the game during the development process. We appreciate him updating us with new information and press releases of updates / patches when Blacklist launched. When we had questions and concerns, Zack answered most of them to the best of his ability.

So, again, thank you Zack Cooper for being such an awesome community developer. We all hope to see you again in the future!

P.S. When are we going to get to play "Splinter Cell: Zacklist"?

I am sure he will be our Community Developer for SC7 too.

Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    Indeed.

I remember back when the first E3 demo hit and everyone lost their sh!t, Zack was on the front, single-handedly undoing the stupidity of Ubi marketing.

This man deserves an award.

EL.Smasho's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KevinPDZ0916 Go to original post
    When we had questions and concerns, Zack answered most of them to the best of his ability.
    How about all the questions and concerns from the last 4 months? It would take 30 seconds to say "We're not supporting the game anymore," but we didn't even get that courtesy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed that communicating with the community is something that a COMDEV does. If he really "isn't allowed" to communicate with us in any way then what is the point of the position? Or does he go back to doing some other job shortly after the game launches?

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by EL.Smasho Go to original post
    How about all the questions and concerns from the last 4 months? It would take 30 seconds to say "We're not supporting the game anymore," but we didn't even get that courtesy. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I assumed that communicating with the community is something that a COMDEV does.
    Again, it is very likely he is not ALLOWED to say anything. Not Zacks fault or the Toronto Teams fault, Ubisofts (the publisher) fault.

If he really "isn't allowed" to communicate with us in any way then what is the point of the position? Or does he go back to doing some other job shortly after the game launches?
    His job is to give us every info he is allowed to give us, especially before the release of another game and regarding patches which will definitely be released.

Again:

1. We don't know what he is doing at the moment, I'm sure he is part of the guys collecting feedback and working on pre-development concepts of SC7.
    2. He is normally the guy getting all the info posted here and FIGHTING for it in front of the other devs.
    3. I am sure it is not "standard procedure" to not say anything. If that is the case then Ubisoft gave that order directly
    4. His job is not only to communicate with us and give us info, it is also to communicate OUR problems / critics to the developers, work on priority lists concerning feeback and a lot of internal development team communication as far as I know.

I agree with everything Keving said.

Secret insights, honest borderline-of-what-he-can-say information, ComDev videos, Stealth infos, Q&As. He's been great.

Zack's the best, no doubt about it.

Originally Posted by Dome500 Go to original post
    Again, it is very likely he is not ALLOWED to say anything. Not Zacks fault or the Toronto Teams fault, Ubisofts (the publisher) fault.

His job is to give us every info he is allowed to give us, especially before the release of another game and regarding patches which will definitely be released.

Again:

1. We don't know what he is doing at the moment, I'm sure he is part of the guys collecting feedback and working on pre-development concepts of SC7.
    2. He is normally the guy getting all the info posted here and FIGHTING for it in front of the other devs.
    3. I am sure it is not "standard procedure" to not say anything. If that is the case then Ubisoft gave that order directly
    4. His job is not only to communicate with us and give us info, it is also to communicate OUR problems / critics to the developers, work on priority lists concerning feeback and a lot of internal development team communication as far as I know.

I agree with everything Keving said.

Secret insights, honest borderline-of-what-he-can-say information, ComDev videos, Stealth infos, Q&As. He's been great.
    been great ? Im sorry but Im not drinking the koolaid that ubisoft provides. Im with el.smasho, what has he done ?, oh wait I remember the Q /A , one of the questions that Zack really answered was

will there be anti -cheat ? : his response was tell your friends not to cheat and they will tell there friends and so on. no concrete answer just a bunch of air and then the Worst part about is we dont get any feed back what SO ever. Zack took the money and ran just like every other Ubisoft employee.

BoBwUzHeRe1138's Avatar Senior Member
    Agreed. Man is fantastic and I'd love to see him giving us the deets on the next Splinter Cell.

BoBwUzHeRe1138's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ReConNinJa.CF Go to original post
    been great ? Im sorry but Im not drinking the koolaid that ubisoft provides. Im with el.smasho, what has he done ?, oh wait I remember the Q /A , one of the questions that Zack really answered was

will there be anti -cheat ? : his response was tell your friends not to cheat and they will tell there friends and so on. no concrete answer just a bunch of air and then the Worst part about is we dont get any feed back what SO ever. Zack took the money and ran just like every other Ubisoft employee.
    Oh my gosh...you mean.... you mean he wasn't ACTUALLY our friend? You mean... he only did it for a paycheck?!

I think you're onto something.... I bet the waiters at restaurants also are only doing it for a paycheck. UGH. I KNEW IT! And what about those comic book artists and writers? I always wondered why they kill off characters that people like -- it must be because they hate us and are only doing it for a paycheck! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON DISNEY. Or literally every single other business or profession.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by KevinPDZ0916 Go to original post

Zack Cooper (a.k.a. UbiZack) has been an excellent Community Developer. This man has helped rekindle the fire for the Splinter Cell franchise. Without him as the middle man between us, fans, and the developers on Blacklist, no reassurance would have been possible when all the negative heat hit the fan from E3 2012's Blacklist reveal demo.

Agreed