Thread: The Crew – January Q&A - Answers | Forums

The Crew – January Q&A - Answers

Hi everyone,

Here are the answers to our January Q&A, keep in mind that the game is still in progress and changes may happen. We unfortunately can’t answer every single question, but we made sure to address as much as we could.

Thank you again for your support and enthusiasm!

The Crew Team

We’ve seen many questions regarding our car line-up, and while we do understand that you’re all eager to get more information on this topic we’ll ask you to be a little more patient. The team is working to bring you a wide variety of vehicles, muscle cars, pickup trucks, supercars, imports, luxury and all of them with different tuning kits so don’t worry, we’ll let you know about them in time!

Q: In the Cockpit view can we see the real inside of the car?
    A:
    Yes you will, and depending on the dress of the car (Full stock, Dirt, Perf…) you will have a modified interior.

Q: With the Cockpit view can we see the hands of the driver, like in the trailer?
    A:
    Yes you can.

Q: How many servers will the game have?
    A:
    One server per platform (PC, Xbox One, PS4).

Q: Will there be some kind of "camera mode" in free roam? Can I move the camera with a mouse and see my side, back, front of the car etc…?
    A:
    While free roaming, you will be able to turn the camera all around your car, and when you get back into the garage you will have the possibility to inspect every aspect of your vehicle (body, interior, chassis and more).

Q: When you build a vehicle in the HQ, can you save it?
    A:
    There will not be possible to save a pre-set of car that you will apply to all your vehicles. You will be able to save the modifications that you apply to one car at the time.

Q: When we go to purchase a car, will it be in a store base like TDU2 where there’s cut scene when you walk in? Also, will it be possible to view the car in depth (interior, exterior and test drive)?
    A:
    There will not be a first person view; however a camera will take you from one car to another allowing you to inspect the car (interior and exterior). You will also be able to test drive the cars before buying them.

Q: Will there be a (kind of) detailed physical map I stick to my wall and see the location of various challenges?
    A:
    This is something we’d like to get for sure!

Q: Ivory Tower has seemed kept away from the public eye. Could you shed some light on the history of the studio and how is formed?
    A:
    You can learn more about Ivory Tower in this article from Edge (English).

Q: Will there be various events in each city in The Crew?
    A:
    In every city and on the entire map!

Q: Will we be able to turn off HUD elements / Disable the HUD entirely?
    A:
    You will be able to remove all the information that will be displayed on the screen when free roaming, allowing you to enjoy the most immersive experience!

Q: How police will behave? They will be chasing you every time they will see you or only when you do something wrong, like crash into another car etc.?
    A:
    Only when you do something wrong, rest assured however that they will not be patrolling around you all the time. More details regarding the influence of the police will be shared latter.

Q: Will there be train tracks and train stations like in GTA 5 because I think It would be cool to drive around the train station in a Camaro or race the train or just sit there and wait for the train to hit you?
    A:
    This sounds very dangerous, and this will be in the game!

Q: Will there be a photo mode? Or a special camera feature?
    A:
    That’s not planned for now as all of the game platforms allow you to capture videos and take photos already.

Q: When you mean rival crews. Are you referring to actual online players? Or are you referring to AI made crew rivals?
    A:
    Both, as you will be facing rivals crews in the campaign (PvE), and if you want to go against player’s crews you will be able to do so.

Q: Will spoilers be active and move up and down when you brake and accelerate?
    A:
    All our vehicles that possess this option in real life will keep it in the game.

Q: Will there fancy shiny rims?
    A:
    Yes

Q: Can we expect a wide variety of interior customisation?
    A:
    Yes, from official ones to creations.

Q: Will there be the option to set traffic levels?
    A:
    As The Crew is an online multiplayer game, the traffic will be the same for all the players on the map. Now, depending on the time of the day and the area where you’ll be driving, the traffic will not be the same. So if you’re driving in a main city you’ll have a lot more traffic than in a small town, same if you’re in day time rather than night.

Q: Will there be train tracks and train stations like in GTA 5 because I think It would be cool to drive around the train station in a Camaro or race the train or just sit there and wait for the train to hit you?
    A: This sounds very dangerous, and this will be in the game!
    I like it

Cockpit view.

In gamescom gameplay i saw that cockpit view is quite awkward. Will we bw able to see the steering wheel like in forza 5 for example?

Thanks for the answers guys.
    I think it will be a good idea to create thread just for the Q's and every month you could answer some of them in another thread. It will give us better picture of what the game will look like and it will keep the forums alive.
    Originally Posted by Bezrider Go to original post
    I like it
    Yea, good answer.
    Originally Posted by TTRSEmotion Go to original post
    In gamescom gameplay i saw that cockpit view is quite awkward. Will we bw able to see the steering wheel like in forza 5 for example?
    The best solution would be adjustable camera.

tduckadmin's Avatar Member
    So we be liking Danger. Well then, how about a game mode where you need to try your best to race to and be hit by a falling satellite? You can call it Satellite Crush Saga. (nananananana King.com!)

I got a million more like that too!

Will the game be cross-platform ? ( xbox one -pc )

Is the game really going to be released on the 31st of august !?
    http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/the-crew/110478

asmolnyi's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by eagleeye2164 Go to original post
    Is the game really going to be released on the 31st of august !?
    http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/the-crew/110478
    We have to wait for an official info from the Devs.
    Cuz different sources are telling different date. According this one the game will be released at 31 of July.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-r...hId=4294967294

P.S. As for the answers (Q&A), Thanks!
    Some of them are really excited!

So car balance isnt a big factor? This worries gamers... Plz Ivory, what's the point of having different cars when 1 is the best?

Will we be able to see our vehicle fall off a cliff? For instance, when I drive off of a cliff, will the I be able to see my car fly to the bottom and diminish? Or will you automatically respawn to the top without seeing any damage?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... Last ►►