LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member

Your favorite sea shanties?

These were actually one of my favorite features in AC4. There's far too many options to make a proper poll, but which one(s) were the best in your opinion?

I'm particularly fond of Runnin' Down to Cuba, Leave Her Johnny, Fish in the Sea, The Dead Horse, Lowlands Away, The Wild Goose, Drunken Sailor, and Whiskey Johnny.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Leave Her Johnny, Rio Grande, Randy Dandy-O, Padstow's farewell, Stormalong John, many others.

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    Loved the shanties! And I even found myself singing along to some as I went!
    I don't really have a favorite though, I pretty much like them all. There is however a shanty that I've started to dislike, simply because the crew would be singing that one EVERY SINGLE TIME I set sail for some reason. That would be Lowlands Away.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Aphex_Tim Go to original post
    Loved the shanties! And I even found myself singing along to some as I went!
    I don't really have a favorite though, I pretty much like them all. There is however a shanty that I've started to dislike, simply because the crew would be singing that one EVERY SINGLE TIME I set sail for some reason. That would be Lowlands Away.
    Blasphemy! The vocals give me goosebumps. Do it Johnny Boker can drink damnation, hurts me damn listeners. As does Handy Me Boys.

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Blasphemy! The vocals give me goosebumps.
    They did the first couple of times. The 960186th time though... not so much,

lothario-da-be's Avatar Senior Member
    Leave her Johny and drunken sailor for me.

x___Luffy___x's Avatar Senior Member
    dont remember all but there were at least 5-6 that are my fav - whiskey Johny, randy dandy and i really liked my name was captain kidd one too, it was catchy.

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    Blasphemy! The vocals give me goosebumps. Do it Johnny Boker can drink damnation, hurts me damn listeners. As does Handy Me Boys.
    Yeah, Johnny Boker is one of the very few I don't like. Along with Paddy Doyle's Boots, but I think I just got sick of that one because it plays EVERY TIME you get in your harpooning boat

Pandassin's Avatar Member
    My top 3 shanties are:

Drunken Sailor
    Spanish Ladies
    Fish in the Sea

Love them so much ^^

My 2 year old sings Lowlands away and running down to Cuba.