FPS Sucks

just got the game today and it default to most settings on high , i change them to normal settings but the game is visible under 20-30 fps everything is slow and the cinematics are unsynced and most voices are unsynced with movement to

YazX_'s Avatar AC Volunteer MOD
    whats your system specs?

Questions2ask's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by YAZ_H Go to original post
    whats your system specs?
    There is a lot more to this type of issue than just System Specs and settings.

Supermegod I sent you a PM

Frag_Maniac's Avatar Banned
    Always post system spec and the settings you're using when reporting performance issues.

If the game defaults to High settings, it may as well have enabled VSync, and Black Flag's VSync has no triple buffering, so it caps the FPS to 30 if frames dip below 60. To combat this either turn off VSync if it's on, or externally force triple buffering via an app like Direct3D Overrider, CCC, RadeonPro, or NCP.

YazX_'s Avatar AC Volunteer MOD
    Originally Posted by Questions2ask Go to original post
    There is a lot more to this type of issue than just System Specs and settings.

Supermegod I sent you a PM
    No $hit Sherlock!!!

Originally Posted by Frag_Maniac Go to original post
    If the game defaults to High settings, it may as well have enabled VSync, and Black Flag's VSync has no triple buffering, so it caps the FPS to 30 if frames dip below 60. To combat this either turn off VSync if it's on, or externally force triple buffering via an app like Direct3D Overrider, CCC, RadeonPro, or NCP.
    It's just stupid how we have to use third party tools to fix a game we paid for to play. Probably big part of the PC community doesn't even know these programs exist or anything.

AherasSTRG's Avatar Senior Member
    This game was created to run @ 30FPS and as such, it will run at that. I am playing with a GTX 760 and with all settings pumped up to maximum / MSAA / No PhysX, the Freedom Cry DLC plays at 30 FPS. I will try to play some intensive main campaign mission as well with the highest settings.