Treasure maps & their coordinates

I just started playing AC IV and I don't understand how they work.

I can use the coordinates ( I know about latitude&longitude), but, for example.

The 1st treasure map in Havana shows coordinates 240, 607. According to the coordinates, the treasure should be quite far north, near the execution/hanging place.

BUT, according to the picture, it's all the way south on a beach!! And the coordinates on that beach (where I found the treasure after watching a YouTube video) don't match the ones on the map. So please, help me: what am I doing wrong? (I found Edward's coordinates by zooming out of the city-map)

The Cities all have one coordinate. However, all coordinates seem to merely be a guideline for that area and not the real, exact location. For example, there was a treasure at say (609,541) it would be at say Salt Key Bank (Neither of these are exact or true, just making an example) and you can pan around Salt Key Bank and see that the coordinate changes because it's not a big city.

However, if you went to (609,541) it wouldn't be at that spot. The number corresponds with Salt Key Bank, so you know you're in the right area, and then from their you use the picture to find the exact location.

It's a bit odd, but I like it. As it stands though, you're doing nothing wrong at all, it's just the way the game is.

Syr.Jake's Avatar Member
    The coordinates are for the island/location where the treasure is at.

You then need to use the visual clues on the map itself to find the exact location of the buried treasure.

Originally Posted by JessieColt Go to original post
    The coordinates are for the island/location where the treasure is at.

You then need to use the visual clues on the map itself to find the exact location of the buried treasure.
    Hey thanks for repeating what I already said. Nice work.

Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax Go to original post
    The Cities all have one coordinate. However, all coordinates seem to merely be a guideline for that area and not the real, exact location. For example, there was a treasure at say (609,541) it would be at say Salt Key Bank (Neither of these are exact or true, just making an example) and you can pan around Salt Key Bank and see that the coordinate changes because it's not a big city.

However, if you went to (609,541) it wouldn't be at that spot. The number corresponds with Salt Key Bank, so you know you're in the right area, and then from their you use the picture to find the exact location.

It's a bit odd, but I like it. As it stands though, you're doing nothing wrong at all, it's just the way the game is.

Thank you so much!!!