Thread: String Skip Saloon and Note Detection | Forums

TheDeveloperDad's Avatar Member

String Skip Saloon and Note Detection

Has anyone else noticed or experienced problems with low Es and occasionally other strings not being detected in String Skip Saloon? I've tried using different pickup switch positions to no avail.

Yeah, I've had some issues with it failing to detect a note at all, going full-auto and detecting imaginary rapid-fire picking, and mistaking the first string for the sixth string. Turning the volume all the way up and turning on all my pickups helps considerably, although it doesn't seem to be as accurate as the rest of the game no matter what.

I came to this forum to find if they've, (ubisoft), has done anything to address this very issue. I'm also having strange problems in "Return to Castle Chordenstein" where my guitar will shoot random beams after I strum the chord, (which causes me to lose points).

Well, I got good results in String Skip Saloon by turning on both pickups, turning the volume knobs all the way up, and palm muting (to deaden the harmonics and reduce sustain) the whole time. Pitch detection improved greatly and no more repeated shots.

I also had this problem (on bass) with the E string. I find that following the onscreen tip about playing short notes and muting is helpful - it doesn't completely fix the problem but it makes a big difference compared to just letting the strings ring, especially all at once as can easily happen if you let it when the speed incerases.

xXCreepyB4byXx's Avatar Junior Member
    This problem still persists. Sting skip saloon for me is basically unplayable. I can never get much higher than 20 shots or so because there are ALWAYS strings that double fire, don't fire at all or fire on the wrong lane when I am clearly on the correct string. Similar problems in Scale Racers, and both games are unforgiving as far as mistakes go, so this is a pretty big issue. VERY disappointed. I sincerely hope this is worked out before the PS4 release. I hate this company and their lack of support for their broken products.

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    It's not the game, y'all are pressing the strings down too hard.

Monsieur Samson's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by C.Linton Go to original post
    It's not the game, y'all are pressing the strings down too hard.
    Errr in String Skip Saloon you don't use your fretting hand at all

RichTheMighty's Avatar Member
    Works fine on guitar for me but I cannot make it recognize the low E on the bass. Neither pick nor finger gets recognized.

C.Linton's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Monsieur Samson Go to original post
    Errr in String Skip Saloon you don't use your fretting hand at all
    Oh, yeah, that's right. Sorry.