Question about Community Challenges.

So i'm wondering since there are outfits, etc that need community challenges to be completed to unlock, i've done the treasure chest one, the royal ship, and the white whale a couple times but still hasn't unlocked. Are those the community challenges needed? And do my friends need to find them and then I look for them, since when I find them i get nothing unlocked.

thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing. I got the Governour outfit already for sharing a treasure chest online and I'm one Royal Convoy away from the Aquila piece but what exactly are we supposed to do for the rest of the unlockable stuff as a community?

I got a couple of things. I got the Scottish Broadswords for finding 3 social treasure chests. Also the Governors outfit for finding a social treasure chest. So I don't know if you need to share only 1 thing or a few. The Royal ships are part of it, but I have shared many. I am going to hunt down the 2 I see now and see what happens. But it would be great if there was a list of what needs to be done as the things I done have been without me realising until I saw these posts. But I still have the Explorers outfit, Persian Scimitars and the Captains Wheelock Pistols to collect.

The Explorers outfit would have possibly to do with all the exploring and I think there is something that may need to be done to share it. I noticed that if I don't press the up button on my controller when prompted, like when you find a whale and you get the prompt to look at the event, then it doesn't get listed as shared. So one thing to make sure you do, is to always press that button to look at the event do that it gets shared and this may be where we are having some trouble, because there are many times when I have missed pressing that event look button when it appears.

If anyone has acquired the 3 items I need, could you reply to tell me what you did to get them. I also got to get the ships community challenge items. Such as the El Impoluto's Figurehead, El Impoluto's Wheel and the Black and Red Sails. The Uplay items I can easily get. Thank you in advance for any help provided.

I did some research and I found out that we have missed out on the Explorer Outfit as the challenge was meant to have taken place on the 11th of November 2013. Funny how we don't get any kind of notice or we miss it, and all everyone had to do was get 20 assassinations on that day. The thing is I get that everyday and I play everyday and I still didn't get it. There was meant to be 20 million in total. But my time line is different than the servers, so it pisses me off that I missed out due to some glitch or done time zone crap.

I will do more research into the other items and see what I can find and help with as I just completed the game completely and I can't believe I am in the top 200 for most feared pirate and also top 200 for most prosperous pirate. I never got a top rating like that before. YAY!!!

Originally Posted by alison22000 Go to original post
    I did some research and I found out that we have missed out on the Explorer Outfit as the challenge was meant to have taken place on the 11th of November 2013. Funny how we don't get any kind of notice or we miss it, and all everyone had to do was get 20 assassinations on that day. The thing is I get that everyday and I play everyday and I still didn't get it. There was meant to be 20 million in total. But my time line is different than the servers, so it pisses me off that I missed out due to some glitch or done time zone crap.

I will do more research into the other items and see what I can find and help with as I just completed the game completely and I can't believe I am in the top 200 for most feared pirate and also top 200 for most prosperous pirate. I never got a top rating like that before. YAY!!!
    It was posted when you start up to play, but do not worry too much, currently CCs are busted and they're being worked on.

And it wasn't a time zone thing, because the Community had several days to do it.

According to the 1.3 Patch Notes, it's being worked on. And Next Gen/PC also missed out on this CC and I'm almost certain there will be another one for the Explorer Outfit, but with different constraints possibly.

vegettosky's Avatar Junior Member
    thanks MnemonicSyntax

Mr_Shade's Avatar Senior Community Manager
    Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax Go to original post
    According to the 1.3 Patch Notes, it's being worked on. And Next Gen/PC also missed out on this CC and I'm almost certain there will be another one for the Explorer Outfit, but with different constraints possibly.
    indeed.

Community Challenges will return, when issues with content unlocking have been fixed.

If you have missed an item, it will come round again, however the unlock challenge may change to get it

Is this the reason I cannot find a Royal Convoy when I get to the location on the world map?

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by JohnB661 Go to original post
    Is this the reason I cannot find a Royal Convoy when I get to the location on the world map?
    Community challenges are different from social challenges. Royal convoys are part of social challenges, so no, the two problems are unrelated.