How well does Ubi support AC on PC? Is it as bad as the others?

Just wondering?

I've played the AC games in the past on a 360 but I've always been more of a PC gamer and I'm not getting a next-gen console this year so I want to get black flag on PC. With that said, Blacklist is a fairly buggy port even though the graphics are great and the last ghost recon game was an abomination online.

Would you guys say the AC devs have been better at porting than the other Ubi franchises? I'd say ghost recon on PC was a completely broken game and I wish I could get my money back (peer 2 peer and crappy matchmaking killed the online community before it even started!). Blacklist was a decent port and some dx11 featuers were awesome but the keyboard+mouse controls were buggy and downright horrible. With a controller it was okay though.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Never had problems with other AC pots (infact I'd say revelations was pretty much a flawless port imo), but all of this was offset by the fact that AC3 was THE worst PC pot I've seen in my life. Unplayably low fps all throughout, makes you want to bash you head into the screen.

oops i didn't even realize this was the console section my bad

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    Its okay, PC folks mostly visit this place instead of the dedicated section.

AC1-ACR ports are pretty much spectacular, with excellent control porting and very detailed graphic customization options.

AC3 has less detailed graphic customization options, and more people had problems with it, HOWEVER. I want to point out that I didn't have any problems (and I'm sure a lot of other people didn't to). In fact, in my experience it's another really awesome port. I run AC3 in 720p with normal settings without any problems whatsoever on my laptop, yet some PC-dedicated games can be really laggy on settings like 1024x600 resolution with low graphical options (The Witcher 2, I'm looking at you! You're awesome but... damn!) So I guess in case of AC3 it's a lottery for you depending on what rig you got.

catkiller97's Avatar Senior Member
    well AC3 PC version was mess same with GRFS but ubisoft fixed all Optimization etc issues in 1.5 patch

so overall not bad at all

latest games FC3 and SCB runs smooth