Im not sure if this is possible.... but what I would like to see done with FB in the future is the capability for users to design their own airfields. All we would need is some blank maps (doesnt matter which) with flat areas and a separate list of runway/taxiway/tarmac sections in the Objects list that we can lay out in our own designs. The pieces for the runway ends could have the icons as to map takeoff, landing etc...

I understand that this may be hard to map out spawn points for online dogfighting, but offline I think this would be fun.

-----------------------------------------------
    Steaky

Im not sure if this is possible.... but what I would like to see done with FB in the future is the capability for users to design their own airfields. All we would need is some blank maps (doesnt matter which) with flat areas and a separate list of runway/taxiway/tarmac sections in the Objects list that we can lay out in our own designs. The pieces for the runway ends could have the icons as to map takeoff, landing etc...

I understand that this may be hard to map out spawn points for online dogfighting, but offline I think this would be fun.

-----------------------------------------------
    Steaky

sometimes when you make a coop you have a story behind what your supposed to be doing

this senario can be spoilt by all the excess Airfeilds

i.e. your supposed to be operating from the only airfeild in the area

SOOOOOO . . . . .

the ability to cover over or have uncovered the standard airfeilds on the FB Maps would be a huge boon for mission builders

I agree. Also, i believe that having static airfields on historical map right where they were is great... but it would be really nice if all non-historical maps had some kind of floating bases, that could be moved by mission builder. Would be really cool, not only for COOPs, for all kind of events.

V!
    Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/vfc/home.htm

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    We need greater numbers of smaller size frontline airfields as well as the major large US Army Air Force airports we have now.

Still, I think the AI behavior on landing must be programmed on each map for all the airfields--probably a messy thing to do so we can't place our own maps.

Another thing:: They should make AI land by just flying to one (1) approach waypoint about 1/2 km altitude and 5km off end of runway, then turn straight in to land. Ye Olde DOS Flaker 1.0 did that. And it would help take out used AI planes from missions faster.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
    "I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
    "Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
    :
    "Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
    Close this book forever and don't open anymore!"
    ~Oleg_Maddox

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WUAF_Badsight:
    this senario can be spoilt by all the excess Airfeilds

i.e. your supposed to be operating from the only airfeild in the area

SOOOOOO . . . . .

the ability to cover over or have uncovered the standard airfeilds on the FB Maps would be a huge boon for mission builders<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Can't you paint over the extra airfeilds with destruction and cover them with trees or other objects?