Thread: The Crew - Question time - | Forums

The Crew - Question time -

Hi i would like to know if "The Crew" has an offline mode?
    I have many many problems with my internet connection and it disconnects very oftenly...
    Many of my friends like " The Crew" game it is very amazing with the open world , car gameplay , costumisation .. Etc etc but if i or anyone else play this game and like in a second my internet dissconects what will happen? I will loose all my progress? Can i play offline singleplayer? If not can you Ubisoft make this option because it will be very AWESOME! Many many of my friends would like to buy it if that will happen. It will be the best open racing game ever ! (My opinion of course)

P.S. Sorry for bad english

Might be of interest!

If the crew is what I think it is.....a living breathing mmo style racer than it would not be possible for singleplayer because everything is connected. Even the campaign for single player during that E3 demo looked to be online, you know the one that started the street race.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi and welcome to the forums,

I will pass your question along as the information we have at the moment doesn't really go into what would happen if the your connection disconnects;

'There are many driving addicts among you enjoying playing by themselves so we have made sure you could enjoy our vast driving playground by yourself. That said we believe having other live players around you stimulates your progression and brings in more fun.

So the choice is yours to play on your own or to team up on the go with friends to accomplish collective challenges. Of course you’ll always have someone next to you, ready to jump into new challenges either with or against you but you can decide to play a mission on your own, then change your mind and invite a friend to play it with or just freedrive with old and new friends to explore our world in search of a landmark.'

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    Hi and welcome to the forums,

I will pass your question along as the information we have at the moment doesn't really go into what would happen if the your connection disconnects;

'There are many driving addicts among you enjoying playing by themselves so we have made sure you could enjoy our vast driving playground by yourself. That said we believe having other live players around you stimulates your progression and brings in more fun.

So the choice is yours to play on your own or to team up on the go with friends to accomplish collective challenges. Of course you’ll always have someone next to you, ready to jump into new challenges either with or against you but you can decide to play a mission on your own, then change your mind and invite a friend to play it with or just freedrive with old and new friends to explore our world in search of a landmark.'

the way that its worded RVL is that atm I think its only online........because no where in the post it even mentions offline singleplayer but just a connected singleplayer with live player drivers in free drive.

This online always it's a very very good idea driving along the USA... Fre roaming see some mountains with you're fav tunned car ... ... See people with their own tunned cars ... I now can only imagine what this game can be . BUT ... The only thing that buzz me and my friends is that if i dissconnect... My save what will happen to it? ... Or can i play only single player campaign? (offline i mean)
    These are the questions that many manypeople are questionning .....
    Anyway i really hope that the developers make in the future a offline mode (like singleplayer) or .. If you dissconect this saves you're progess (it is really hard:|)
    It will be a shame if the game doesn't have a solution for this problem. It has very very big potential and alot of nfs fans , driver or whatever car driving gamers fan would like to play this game .. Imagine build you' re car to the scrack... Awesome...
    Hope you understand what i wrote here. (Bad english)

Originally Posted by RVL123 Go to original post
    This online always it's a very very good idea driving along the USA... Fre roaming see some mountains with you're fav tunned car ... ... See people with their own tunned cars ... I now can only imagine what this game can be . BUT ... The only thing that buzz me and my friends is that if i dissconnect... My save what will happen to it? ... Or can i play only single player campaign? (offline i mean)
    These are the questions that many manypeople are questionning .....
    Anyway i really hope that the developers make in the future a offline mode (like singleplayer) or .. If you dissconect this saves you're progess (it is really hard:|)
    It will be a shame if the game doesn't have a solution for this problem. It has very very big potential and alot of nfs fans , driver or whatever car driving gamers fan would like to play this game .. Imagine build you' re car to the scrack... Awesome...
    Hope you understand what i wrote here. (Bad english)

Could be like Borderlands 2....wouldn't have an offline per say but when you disconnect in borderlands 2, your game saves at that point of the disconnect so anything you did literally to that exact point was not for waste.

It is good then ! I understand that the crew cannot create let's say it .. A singleplayer offline mode ... But if you dissconnect and the game save quickly ... It's awesome ... A good solution. Anyway until 2014 many things with the crew will be added .... So hope it will be cool...

tduckadmin's Avatar Member
    I think I remember hearing that your save for the game is server based for the most part so being online in some manner is more than likely a definite requirement if that is the case.

Ps3

Sorry for bad english, too.
    But comes "The Crew" for PlayStation 3, too?
    The Trailer was very good and it was nice when the game comes for PS3.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►