Thread: Quick question about Hidden Blades | Forums

  1. #21
    Sigv4rd's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Beijing Orleans London Kyoto Alexandria Babylon Seoul
    Posts
    821
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    What? That made it awesome! It makes perfect sense for the hidden blade to be able to turn into a knife.

    I don't understand you people -_-
    To each his own I guess, It also begins to make me question: Why do assassins need hidden blades that pivot when they could just as easily carry a dagger around? Isn't that what Desmond does?

    Wouldn't mind having this though: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...X4fI66pt_eeoow
    Share this post

  2. #22
    DisbandedBox359's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    431
    Originally Posted by Ureh Go to original post
    You can also double assassinate on the ground if you hold the high profile button (don't have to be running). I wish there were more situations for double assassinations.
    Never know maybe in Black flag guards will walk around in pairs
    Share this post

  3. #23
    MasterAssasin84's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    City of London
    Posts
    2,384
    Originally Posted by sidspyker24 Go to original post
    They already said you can dual wield hidden blades like swords so yeah they're there in the game, let's just hope they're actually USEFUL now.
    Actually Ashraf ismail said over twitter last night that the takedowns are far more creative than ever !!

    So i am quite excited to see these mechanics in action .
    Share this post

  4. #24
    ProletariatPleb's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,224
    Originally Posted by Sigv4rd Go to original post
    To each his own I guess, It also begins to make me question: Why do assassins need hidden blades that pivot when they could just as easily carry a dagger around? Isn't that what Desmond does?

    Wouldn't mind having this though: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...X4fI66pt_eeoow
    Connor carries a knife with himself before becoming an assassin. Try the initial hunting mission, tomahawk+knife combination.
    Share this post

  5. #25
    Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,223
    Originally Posted by Sigv4rd Go to original post
    To each his own I guess, It also begins to make me question: Why do assassins need hidden blades that pivot when they could just as easily carry a dagger around? Isn't that what Desmond does?

    Wouldn't mind having this though: http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...X4fI66pt_eeoow
    They removed that design in favor of the rope dart because they thought it would be too fantasy like.
    Share this post

  6. #26
    Wolfmeister1010's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,481
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    They removed that design in favor of the rope dart because they thought it would be too fantasy like.
    Chaindart? No thank you. Just like how some people are suggesting a grappling hook for ac4....mmmmmmmm no thank you..... Seems unrealistic....but then again...this is assassins creed.
    Share this post

  7. #27
    Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,223
    I can see a grappling hook, not coming from the hidden blade mind you, but a grappling hook could work.

    Rope darts are in the game already though, so a grappling hook wouldn't take the place of them. But the grappling hook is a pirate tool I'm pretty sure, I feel like I've seen it in POTC before.
    Share this post

  8. #28
    Wolfmeister1010's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,481
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    I can see a grappling hook, not coming from the hidden blade mind you, but a grappling hook could work.

    Rope darts are in the game already though, so a grappling hook wouldn't take the place of them. But the grappling hook is a pirate tool I'm pretty sure, I feel like I've seen it in POTC before.
    You mean hooks that pirates use to hook in ships they are boarding? Yah those are in, but I can't really see a grappling hook that you can bring in land. Would kinda defeat the purpose of free running
    Share this post

  9. #29
    Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    13,223
    Well, Aveline had a whip that she could use as both a rope dart and as a way to jump large gaps in between buildings if there was some kind of pole to wrap it around.
    Share this post

  10. #30
    Wolfmeister1010's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,481
    Originally Posted by Jexx21 Go to original post
    Well, Aveline had a whip that she could use as both a rope dart and as a way to jump large gaps in between buildings if there was some kind of pole to wrap it around.
    Really? Oh didn't know. Never played the game. I guess I could see how it would work..
    Share this post