1. #1

    Black Flag Trailer Gameplay Hints

    I was watching the AC4 trailer and noticed at the end, that it seems we can now use individual people as a blend spot(if you don't believe me, the end of the first CG trailer for AC2 showed the hidden gun, and the one for BH showed the recruits, and the one for Rev showed Altair, and the one for AC3 showed -- okay you get the point). I can't say I'm too excited, but nevertheless, maybe it means reworked social stealth? Does anyone else have any interesting finds from the gameplay trailer that could also hint at gameplay?
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Never take CG trailers as "what`s to come" for gameplay...

    especially gameplay
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Well if you said underwater or that we can use environmental objects I would agree but taking that woman with him is hardly much of a hint.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Never take CG trailers as "what`s to come" for gameplay...

    especially gameplay
    Oh I'm aware. Just like how we could fall fifty feet from a noose and survive and then pull up our hood like a boss in Revelations right? What I mean, is in trailers they always save the most impressive thing for last; just like the pistol in AC2, and like the recruits in BH, and Altair in Rev; etc, and these always seem to hint at gameplay or major elements. So why would they put in Eddy hiding next to a seemingly random women if it had no relevance?
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by AltairCBM Go to original post
    Oh I'm aware. Just like how we could fall fifty feet from a noose and survive and then pull up our hood like a boss in Revelations right? What I mean, is in trailers they always save the most impressive thing for last; just like the pistol in AC2, and like the recruits in BH, and Altair in Rev; etc, and these always seem to hint at gameplay or major elements. So why would they put in Eddy hiding next to a seemingly random women if it had no relevance?
    It looked cool. Look, trailers are meant to LOOK cool. Did the fights in ACR play and look as awesome as the trailer ? Could you jump on people ? use their weapons against them ? (Not disarming)

    Can you jump that Awesome jump from the AC II trailer ??

    Was the blending THAT Awesome from the AC I trailer ? Could you use the crossbow ??

    All I`m saying is that tiny gameplay hints are most likely nothing more than showing off or style....
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    It looked cool. Look, trailers are meant to LOOK cool. Did the fights in ACR play and look as awesome as the trailer ? Could you jump on people ? use their weapons against them ? (Not disarming)

    Can you jump that Awesome jump from the AC II trailer ??

    Was the blending THAT Awesome from the AC I trailer ? Could you use the crossbow ??

    All I`m saying is that tiny gameplay hints are most likely nothing more than showing off or style....
    Ok it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see if anybody else saw some little stuff like this that could lead to gameplay. The only reason I claim it's relevant is that it's at the END of the trailer. The stuff you showed off wasn't at the END. Lets look at all the AC CGI trailers endings and how they related to gameplay:

    AC1 - Blending with scholars. Social stealth and scholars were both big deals.
    AC2 - Pistol + the Templar mentioned what happened with Ezio's family. Both of which are two pretty big parts of the game(you could argue about the pistol).
    BH - Recruits + Cesare. Gameplay + Main Antagonist.
    Rev - Altair. Gameplay + Story
    AC3 First trailer - Battles. Gameplay.
    AC3 second trailer - assassination during battle. Gameplay + little bit of story.

    ^ all relevant. Maybe what's more important here is how Blackbeard said Edward had secrets, but the ending seems to be relevant somehow.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by AltairCBM Go to original post
    Ok it doesn't matter. I just wanted to see if anybody else saw some little stuff like this that could lead to gameplay. The only reason I claim it's relevant is that it's at the END of the trailer. The stuff you showed off wasn't at the END. Lets look at all the AC CGI trailers endings and how they related to gameplay:

    AC1 - Blending with scholars. Social stealth and scholars were both big deals.
    AC2 - Pistol + the Templar mentioned what happened with Ezio's family. Both of which are two pretty big parts of the game(you could argue about the pistol).
    BH - Recruits + Cesare. Gameplay + Main Antagonist.
    Rev - Altair. Gameplay + Story
    AC3 First trailer - Battles. Gameplay.
    AC3 second trailer - assassination during battle. Gameplay + little bit of story.

    ^ all relevant. Maybe what's more important here is how Blackbeard said Edward had secrets, but the ending seems to be relevant somehow.
    All these had nothing to do with little gameplay hints. They were pretty big obvious hints (not to mention that some of the things you put forth have nothing to do with gameplay, but story)

    and that`s not even the E3 trailer...all these are E3 trailers...ACBF trailer was just the reveal trailer...so it does not apply properly to your examples..

    I`m not trying to bring you down. Just don't want disappointment, because expecting gameplay from CG is just a disillusioned endeavor
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    All these had nothing to do with little gameplay hints. They were pretty big obvious hints (not to mention that some of the things you put forth have nothing to do with gameplay, but story)

    and that`s not even the E3 trailer...all these are E3 trailers...ACBF trailer was just the reveal trailer...so it does not apply properly to your examples..

    I`m not trying to bring you down. Just don't want disappointment, because expecting gameplay from CG is just a disillusioned endeavor
    Dude it's cool. At least you're being mature and respectful about it, I was just trying to spur some conversation about new gameplay.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    It looked cool. Look, trailers are meant to LOOK cool. Did the fights in ACR play and look as awesome as the trailer ? Could you jump on people ? use their weapons against them ? (Not disarming)
    If you disarm someone, and kill them with the weapon you disarmed from them, then yes, you are using their weapons against them.

    Can you jump that Awesome jump from the AC II trailer ??
    No, but you could use the hidden gun and hire courtesans.

    Was the blending THAT Awesome from the AC I trailer ? Could you use the crossbow ??
    No, but as the trailer demonstrated, you had a hidden blade, could freerun, and could blend, maybe not as awesomely.

    All I`m saying is that tiny gameplay hints are most likely nothing more than showing off or style....
    It's not complete blasphemy that elements of the trailer are reflected in the actual game. Diving underwater, as in the trailer, has already been confirmed.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,108
    Originally Posted by AltairCBM Go to original post
    Dude it's cool. At least you're being mature and respectful about it, I was just trying to spur some conversation about new gameplay.
    I understand how you want to bring up some discussion fresh from the Ezio/Edward and sexist arguments xD

    I think Underwater gameplay will be pretty prominent...oops >_> did I say prominent ? Now everyone is gonna jump and say "AC GAMEPLAY GOING DOWN FRAH FRAH not true AZ gameplayzz" -__-

    But yeah....I hope they capitalize on the new Gameplay opportunities
    Share this post