Thread: New Release Date | Forums

Ubi_Irina's Avatar Senior Community Developer

New Release Date

Dear Heroes,

Today, we unfortunately have to announce that the release of Might & Magic Heroes VI : Shades of Darkness, as well as the Complete Edition, have been postponed. The Standalone expansion to Heroes VI will arrive in both digital and retail distribution on May 2, 2013.

We know that for many of you two additional months seems an eternity and that this announcement is obviously disappointing. However, this extra time will allow us to ensure a top quality game experience as we want this Standalone expansion to meet your high expectations. Meanwhile, we will continue to share more information about the game on our official channels.

Please accept our apologies for the delay and be sure that the Might & Magic team is working hard to deliver the game experience you are looking for. Thank you for all your support and patience.

To help time go by faster, try to survive the infamous succession wars in the map based on the original Might & Magic World of ENROTH which will be offered to everyone within a week.

The Might & Magic team

I demand compensation for the fact that pre-ordered on the basis of the old release date, and now I get the game in just 2 months.

tiamat4455's Avatar Member
    Word of advice: analyze EVERY problem there is NOW with the game, try to make a correct estimation of the time needed for completing the work, add 30% to that and THEN announce the new release date.
    I had no expectations about the February release date so the disappointment is not that big (but this is my case ). And I have no expectations on the new date.

But I am lucky: I pre-ordered the game because I like it, but the distributor I buy games from don't demand money in advance... perhaps for this reason: not to have problems with his clients because of delays that don't concern him. So I don't have my money blocked for another 3 months. But there are a lot who have their money blocked on their pre-orders. And this is clearly not a customer oriented policy. You should do something about this other than release a map or you will see yourselves without people who buy your stuff. Right now Ubisoft doesn't have a group of loyal customers like some other big companies (ex: Apple). People are not buying Heroes 6 to support UBISOFT. They do it for the title... and ONLY for the title. Once you screw up that title there goes the customers too.

ChiefOfHonour's Avatar Member
    This should not have happened. After 25 years in the software industry, I know it is hard to estimate a release date for software, but this is beyond reason. In this case, the announcement in january was for a new release in 6-7 weeks time. Then a delay for 8 weeks was announced yesterday, only 3 weeks after the initial announcement. This is an estimation miss of more than 100%. In every software project I've been involved in such delay would cause the project manager to get fired. This is highly unprofessional! I cannot help but wondering whether the developers were consulted at all when the initial announcement was issued. To me this seems to be a very bad publicity stunt with the intent to get as many preorders as early as possible. Ubisoft will most likely loose customers if this is their policy. I urge everyone who are able to cancel their preorder as quickly as possible and wait for the final, if any, release before placing a new order for the final product.
    Shame on Ubisoft!

This is pretty much the reason I avoid pre-ordering at a price nowadays. I used to do it, then things like this screwed me over. If I pre-order, I'll only do so if it comes at no additional cost.

And even then, I'll wait 'till the product is out, in the case of Heroes VI.

It's a shame that a company this long in business can not release on time and delays twice. I can only hope they will spend their time well with this delay, and with a bit of luck it's because they are attempting to fix the crashes. (It would be appreciated if some details on fixing the bugs were released though)

UnoPoo's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by ruteben Go to original post
    It's a shame that a company this long in business can not release on time and delays twice. I can only hope they will spend their time well with this delay, and with a bit of luck it's because they are attempting to fix the crashes. (It would be appreciated if some details on fixing the bugs were released though)
    If I recall...they have already mentioned that they don't plan on maintaining HOMM VI(...sorry M&M H VI) past the last patch (1.8) and that they do plan on maintaining the latest Standalone. The problem is...with Ubi's record..."Who really believes them?" I Love the old HoMM games and was hoping for something close but can't really get into this company because they don't have any respect for their customers unless you play AC or FC. And even then I'm not sure. I even pre-ordered the CE and tried both of the DLC's...while they are ok not worth what I paid. They can't even figure out a way to give us the RMG and think that only a couple of maps to play over and over and over is ok. What ever...I think I am done w/ this company.

utopis's Avatar Junior Member

I love the Idea

As Many games are released unpolished, missing features or Bug ridden I for one support delays in production. Imagine how good heroes vi would have been if it was delayed until finished. With this expansion take as long as is needed to make it great.

ChiefOfHonour's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by utopis Go to original post
    As Many games are released unpolished, missing features or Bug ridden I for one support delays in production. Imagine how good heroes vi would have been if it was delayed until finished. With this expansion take as long as is needed to make it great.
    I agree that it is better to wait for the product to be finished and polished. This should be Ubisofts policy through and through. What makes them, in my eyes, unprofessional is that they keep making unrealistic promises that they ought to know that cannot be kept. Take the release of "Shades of Darkness" as an example. If Unisoft had initially announced that this would be released at e.g. 01-June-13, that would be fine. Then perhaps they could even surprise their customers with an earlier release date, instead of making poor excuses and apologies. The clue is to avoid making promises that cannot be kept.

ulpsz's Avatar Senior Member
    the original game was delayed and still came out unpolished....

hell it is still unpolished now...

the two pseudo expansions are crap..just a bunch of extra stuff nobody cares about

tis expansion should have coume out LAST year anyway....at this rate wer'e gonna get old untill we see all factions...

I'm very dissapinted with UBI lateley as they tend to be more and more unprofessional

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►