dewgel's Avatar Senior Member

The Present Day Timeline..

I've never seen it mentioned anywhere else yet, but has anyone else wondered what Ubisoft will do with the next AC game for the modern day timeline?

An interview will Alex Amancio on ACR regarding the next AC3 made it clear that Ubisoft never want you to play the present day scenes after they're set, which is why AC3 was released before the Dec 21 prediction.

So.. what will they do for the 2013 release? Will they jump us forward to 2014 or something? To after Juno's release etc? Very confusing!

Thoughts?

ACfan443's Avatar Senior Member
    For this whole Juno escaping story arc, they could set it few years ahead of now (2016 or 2017), and the game could begin with humanity already under the control of Juno. (Just speculation)
    AC1 was released 5 years before its modern day setting

TheHumanTowel's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah what they're going to do with the modern day is a big mystery. If they do make "filler" games inbetween AC3 and AC4 I think the modern day aspect will be very limited and they wont give us a clear picture of what's going on in the world. They'll save actually dealing with what's going on for AC4. That is if the modern day takes place after AC3, maybe for the AC3.5 game they'll have it set before AC3's ending at the same time as we were running around with Desmond.

As for when AC4 will take place I'm not sure but I suspect they'll jump forward in time a few years.

dewgel's Avatar Senior Member
    It'd be pretty awesome, the opening scene to the next game being narrated by the new character, in the middle of a big battle on a war torn earth haha!

Be fun to see what's happening