Thread: Far Cry 3 Ubisoft Game Launcher Problem | Forums

Far Cry 3 Ubisoft Game Launcher Problem

I'm getting this message when I try to Play Far Cry 3 on Steam, already reinstalled the game and tried to reinstall the Ubisoft Game Launcher too and nothing happens, only this message:
    There was a problem starting your game? Make sure you have no other games running that use ubisoft game launcher. If the problem persists, try reinstalling

What should I do?

Same problem here

I got the same problem here, bought Far Cry 3 from Steam and before instalation, got the error message (code 2) "Thats a problem stariting your game, the Ubisoft game launcher was not found. Please try re-installing your game. Error code is 2". Ive already reinstalled for 3 times and nothing works. Somebody help please?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe. Once installed, you should be able to start the game!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    To resolve this issue, you will need to manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

1. First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

2. After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important. If this folder does not exist, please go to the next step.

3. Reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe. Once installed, you should be able to start the game!
    I've done that and still keep getting the message: " There was a problem starting your game? Make sure you have no other games running that use ubisoft game launcher. If the problem persists, try reinstalling "

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi, I suggest opening a ticket with our Technical Support team, the link is in my signature.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush Go to original post
    Hi, I suggest opening a ticket with our Technical Support team, the link is in my signature.
    I did it too, I'm waiting for a response from Technical Support.

this is ridiculous - i want a refund - BRUTAL

@OP: Try the solutions 6 in the 1st post of this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ped-Responding

Originally Posted by EternalCore Go to original post
    @OP: Try the solutions 6 in the 1st post of this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ped-Responding
    Still NOt Helping Thanks Though

Originally Posted by KnnKiller Go to original post
    I've done that and still keep getting the message: " There was a problem starting your game? Make sure you have no other games running that use ubisoft game launcher. If the problem persists, try reinstalling "
    Not Helping